PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ricky the Space Cadet... er.. Argonaut

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Good Read : http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/michael_silver/07/12/ricky/index.html

Ricky is a Space Cadet.
"When I share my truth with the Canadian media," he would later explain, "they cover me more in the context of who I am as a person, a spiritual aspirant. When the U.S. media covers me, I am painted with the brush tainted by the American dream that happiness is found through material gain."
I love this dude.
Later, in an e-mail, he elaborated: "It is said that a true 'hero,' or we could even say 'role model,' is the one who conquers his own self. I am not sure if this makes good material for a sports magazine, but it vibrates in me as the truth. It is the reason people drink and people smoke. They come home feeling like they lost something, or that something is missing, a couple of pulls from the jay and their consciousness is moved from the outside material world to the inside world of deep feeling and light.

"Instead of going there every once in a while, I choose to work on being there all the time, without the aid of mother nature, or problems from the authorities. I was thinking about things and I came up with this example: I was in India for six weeks engaged in intense spiritual practices, meditation, chanting, study of scripture and yoga. The result of my practice was about the same of smoking a jay of the best Cali weed, the difference being that the high I got from smoking only lasted a few hours and I found myself right back where I started from -- with a little added frustration because that feeling was gone. The high I get from spiritual practices lifts my consciousness up and gives me the knowledge and experience to keep it up there."
I mean it. :D

And I'm starting to appreciate Michael Silver a little more, yeah he's got some normal media idiot in him, but he writes with an enjoyable edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes