Status
Not open for further replies.
10/12 Can't wait!

Cleveland goes all in on RG3?!?!?!

claude-raines-is-shocked-o.gif

"I'm shocked. SHOCKED!!!!" ;)

Cleveland goes all in on RG3?!?!?!

"I'm shocked. SHOCKED!!!!" ;)
Obviously they are all still hung over from the Cavs victory parade..................

the Browns going 'all-in' with RGIII is not as big as it sounds.....it's not like they're risking anything....they have no other QB's

Does RGIII make it to Game 1 the guy is very Fragile.

Even though I doubt he is going to be successful, I hope he is. It's not like he killed dogs, people, or was falsely accused of deflating footballs. :rolleyes:

If RGIII is successful, it won't be because of the coaching
it won't be because the expectations are set so low
it won't be because of the skills position players around him
it won't be because of the offensive line

it will be because he finally learned when to slide/give up a play for a couple yards
AND, because the browns didn't waste a first round pick on him.

I mean, what (recentish) first round QB has really helped the Browns compete?

If RGIII is successful, it won't be because of the coaching
it won't be because the expectations are set so low
it won't be because of the skills position players around him
it won't be because of the offensive line

it will be because he finally learned when to slide/give up a play for a couple yards
AND, because the browns didn't waste a first round pick on him.

I mean, what (recentish) first round QB has really helped the Browns compete?
I got curious about this comment and it turns out they've basically never actually drafted a useful QB in the regular draft, in any round. Kosar was a supplemental pick and Otto Graham was pre-draft era. They drafted Brian Sipe in the 13th round and he started for several years for them. That's the closest/best I could come up with.

I think Cleveland did themselves a favor by not drafting one of those two pretender 1st rd QBs this year - part of the reason none of the other QBs they've drafted have worked out (besides from they all suck) has been a lack of sufficient quality around them in both talent and coaching. They need players in volume, and it looked like that's what they were trying to do. I am interested to see how their 'moneyball' front office experiment works out.

Of course with their history, it's possible both Goff and Wentz will be monsters as the next-gen at QB and the Browns be ridiculed for decades for trading out of the top of the draft. Or maybe Lebron bringing the NBA title back will signal the new era of Cleveland sports dominance. They've paid their 20 years penance for moving the Browns and firing BB. RGIII is exactly the kind of reclamation project I could see working out well for them (not MVP level, building block/ quality veteran level).

Browns announce new apparel for 2016 season.

mqdefault.jpg

I got curious about this comment and it turns out they've basically never actually drafted a useful QB in the regular draft, in any round. Kosar was a supplemental pick and Otto Graham was pre-draft era. They drafted Brian Sipe in the 13th round and he started for several years for them. That's the closest/best I could come up with.

I think Cleveland did themselves a favor by not drafting one of those two pretender 1st rd QBs this year - part of the reason none of the other QBs they've drafted have worked out (besides from they all suck) has been a lack of sufficient quality around them in both talent and coaching. They need players in volume, and it looked like that's what they were trying to do. I am interested to see how their 'moneyball' front office experiment works out. Of course with their history, it's possible both Goff and Wentz will be monsters as the next-gen at QB and the Browns be ridiculed for decades for trading out of the top of the draft. Or maybe Lebron bringing the NBA title back will signal the new era of Cleveland sports dominance. They've paid their 20 years penance for moving the Browns and firing BB. RGIII is exactly the kind of reclamation project I could see working out well for them (not MVP level, building block/ quality veteran level).
Great research and much appreciated.

Pehaps a journalist will take your thoughts (and research) one step further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down