PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rex Ryan has special play to send steelers messege

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
start from bottom

MrMichael_Smith Jets will try to use passing game as extension of running game. Spread Steelers out, try to exploit matchups against Steelers linebackers.
7 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Steelers have added few new "wrinkles" to their defense for this game. Without Troy Steelers can play more structured D, take away something
8 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Excuse me for a second. Sick catch by Lance More. Just ill.
11 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Again, Farrior said Troy P. makes game changing plays, therefore it's up to the entire team to step up and fill the void left by Troy.
13 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Scott, Ryan Clark, and James Farrior all talked about how in games like this it's not your defense vs. their offense but defense vs. defense
14 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Scott said nobody's panicking but sense of urgency is there because guys realize (or need to realize) this group unlikely to stay together.
14 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Bart Scott talked last night about veterans needing to step up their play around Sanchez. Said defense needs to play with more enthusiasm
15 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Rex installed a special play this week designed to send a message to the Steelers.
17 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Keep an eye out for a special play out of a unique formation that Jets will run in direction of their bench. Brian Schottenheimer told me
17 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith of Steelers bench or while staring at Mike Tomlin. He really had a focused edge, if you will, to him last night.
18 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Santonio Holmes was locked in when I saw him. Said he isn't here to be friends. Said he's thinking of doing his first-down drop in direction
20 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith have success against Steelers getting rid of ball quickly into hands of playmakers. Said Jets had been throwing +15 passes too much lately
21 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Brunell told him not to try to hard, take care of the football, don't be afraid to take off and run. Sanchez said he watched Brees and Brady
23 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith As I mentioned on Countdown, Sanchez very at ease when I saw him last night. Said a convo with Brunell helped him put things in perspective.
23 minutes ago

MrMichael_Smith Few notes from conversations with Jets and Steelers from the past few days if you're interested ...

Also love how the jets are giving their game plan. Their going to try to play like the pats lets see what happens.

I hear Ryan is calling that special play "Mark Sanchez curled in the fetal position" play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes