PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex on Peyton: “I’m not going to say we’re going to poison his food or anything, ..."

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who do we root for in this one?!?

The Jets, after putting up a bagel against the Chargers, get the Broncos in NY. The Broncos open as only 6 point favorites. Rex is blustering while the Broncos are saying all the right things.

First, Rex, makes a crack about poisoning Peyton Manning, and then makes it worse by comparing the Jets ability to bounce back from a blowout to the New England Patriots. Really, Rex?

http://nypost.com/2014/10/07/rex-ryan-knows-axe-is-coming-if-he-doesnt-turn-jets-around/

Second, Manning must have been stifling bursting out laughing with this comment after watching what Philip Rivers did to the green beans:

"I'd say better than solid," Peyton Manning said. "I'd say it's a stout defense. Tough against the run. Cause you a lot of pass-protection issues. No. 1 in sacks. A lot of three-and-outs, which is something that's difficult for an offense because you're going to get lots of different looks. A lot of second-and-longs, third-and-longs. ... It's a challenge for us in the run game and the pass game handling just their physical talent, and then handling the different looks they give, as well."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26688259/peyton-manning-broncos-not-looking-past-1-4

I'm pulling for the Jets to miraculously pull off an upset. An L in the Broncos' loss column is more valuable than another L in the Jets'.

That's easy I think I will break out the Mo Lewis Jersey I own which I can never actually wear because it would make me feel dirty.

In theory, it would make sense to root for the Jets. They are no threat to us in any way.

But it doesn't really matter. This will be an easy victory for the Broncos. They'll win by at least 30 points. Knowing that, there's really no reason to lower yourself to rooting for the Jets.

I only root for the Jets in very rare situations where it helps us and they have a realistic chance of winning.

rooting for a broncos win 2-0 on a botched punt snap resulting in a safety . That would be the jet way to lose a game.

In theory, it would make sense to root for the Jets. They are no threat to us in any way.

But it doesn't really matter. This will be an easy victory for the Broncos. They'll win by at least 30 points. Knowing that, there's really no reason to lower yourself to rooting for the Jets.

I only root for the Jets in very rare situations where it helps us and they have a realistic chance of winning.

Exactly.

There is no way the Jets pull a W on this, they don't have a piece named Quarterback, I thought Vick could play but he is DONE and out of NFL next off season.

The Jets have come close to beating good football teams. They're an underdog for a reason but they're not as awful as they looked last week. It could happen

First, Rex, makes a crack about poisoning Peyton Manning, and then makes it worse by comparing the Jets ability to bounce back from a blowout to the New England Patriots. Really, Rex?

Did you even listen to the interview or just take the comments out of the article? Rex said it in the most obviously sarcastic tone possible.

I hate the Jest's as much as the next fan, but seriously, to act as if there was any malice in his words is beyond asinine.

I can't stand Wrecks but didn't think for a second that he wasn't joking. I hope the Jets win, but damn it's difficult thinking that way.

As much as I hate the Broncos, I can't see them losing. I put big money on them and San Diego so I gotta hope they win.

I'm good with Denver losing, but I want there to be plenty of stupidity and silliness throughout this game to the point that everyone will call it a laughingstock; a blight on the NFL, if you will.

Basically, I want Murphy's Asteroid to make an appearance.

Any given Sunday.

The Broncos will probably go 8-0 at home, but they're beatable outside of Denver. They should win, pretty handily, but stranger things have happened.

The only thing worrying me is that Demarius Thomas went off last week...he's the big difference-maker there. They've got no run game worth talking about, so Ryan should just tee off on Manning, play grab and bite at the corners and make Fivehead uncomfortable.

That said, the Jets will need turnovers to have a chance. Their offense stinks and Denver's D is pretty solid.

But hey, they beat the Pats last year - almost twice. They're not as horrible as people want to believe. No threat to us, but they will probably win a few games here and there. They'll put it all on the line Sunday (then come get clobbered on Thursday!) because Ryan really is on the hot seat and two blowouts in a row is not job security.

Rooting for the Jets to win so Ryan can keep his job a little longer. Would be sad to see him leave- who else would we beat up on?

I want the Jest to win, As I mentioned in another thread, because the jest are done. And I just love when the 5 head loses. His last presser was nauseating. "Enough about me, what have I been up to".... "Me, Me, Me". The guy is so self centered. When he talks, it's not TEAM, it's all about him and his TD's. I dislike him more every day.

This would be a great game for Boger to officiate. Go refs. Overtime tie.

I want the Jest to win, As I mentioned in another thread, because the jest are done. And I just love when the 5 head loses. His last presser was nauseating. "Enough about me, what have I been up to".... "Me, Me, Me". The guy is so self centered. When he talks, it's not TEAM, it's all about him and his TD's. I dislike him more every day.

He basks in it while he can - the regular season

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back