PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis denied, Packers' Woodson wins AP's Defensive Player Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_revis_denied_packers_woodson_lkCNqdSGR1DT3mwfcreWTI

I think Revis was better overall than Woodson who certainly was great but with the Jets defense only giving up 8 TD passes ALL season and the Packers getting bombed all day on sunday you would think last minute votes would go a bit more towards Darrell,who IMO is the best Cornerback in the game today..but didn't.

I hate the Jets but Revis deserves all the accolades,hes one of the best I have seen in many years and was good coming right out of the gate as a rookie while Woodson has had up and down years.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Revis denied,Packer's Woodson wins APs Defensive Player Of The Year

Jets' Revis denied; Packers' Woodson is AP's Defensive Player of the Year - NYPOST.com

I think Revis was better overall than Woodson who certainly was great but with the Jets defense only giving up 8 TD passes ALL season and the Packers getting bombed all day on sunday you would think last minute votes would go a bit more towards Darrell,who IMO is the best Cornerback in the game today..but didn't.

I hate the Jets but Revis deserves all the accolades,hes one of the best I have seen in many years and was good coming right out of the gate as a rookie while Woodson has had up and down years.

Playing for the JEST should be an absolute disqualifier for all awards. :snob:

Re: OT: Revis denied,Packer's Woodson wins APs Defensive Player Of The Year

You really can't go wrong with either guy.

Obviously the turnovers slid the scale in favor of Woodson.

The new standard for CB's in the NFL is Revis.. Guy is a monster.. No doubt about that.. Its an enjoyment watching him matchup against great WR's.

Revis is a very good young player with a lot years left in him, he will get his time to shine.

Revis is just great, if I had to pick one player from the jets it would be him.
He is a shutdown machine!!
Woodson is more complete though, Revis is one-dimensional.

I believe they gave it to woodson because he is old, it was an award for his career.
They know Revis will win atleast 2 DPOY before he ends his career, so, he won't be missing this award as woodson would

Revis deserved this and, IMO, it isn't even close.

Awesome, I am very happy to read this.

Revis didn't even come close to him in the voting, woo.

I thought Revis would win but I would've voted for Woodson.

Revis was robbed. No one else can take away half the field like he does.

And I HATE the Jets.

Last edited:
I feel more or less the same as I did with Manning winning MVP over Rivers.

Revis definitely deserved the award, IMO, but giving it to Woodson isn't exactly a travesty. That said, the idea of DPOY going to a guy whose team just gave up 51 points in the playoffs...

Revis was robbed. No one else can take away half the field like he does.

And I HATE the Jets.
Asomugha says hello. Revis is a beast. The Jets would want to lock him down long term as he's going to develop into one of the best corners to ever play the game I feel.

As for Woodson, well he deserved it. He and Sharper had monster seasons and you can't really say any one is that much better than the other.

Asomugha says hello. Revis is a beast. The Jets would want to lock him down long term as he's going to develop into one of the best corners to ever play the game I feel.

As for Woodson, well he deserved it. He and Sharper had monster seasons and you can't really say any one is that much better than the other.

Good luck to them with that. By the looks of things, they are going to be in cap hell in a couple of years.

Good luck to them with that. By the looks of things, they are going to be in cap hell in a couple of years.
Let's face it, if you are the Jets, being a contender for even 2 years and potentially winning the Superbowl would be worth the epic collapse for them. They've sat through a decade of dominance by the Patriots, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 wins and a partridge in a pear tree.

Cap hell or not, they'll justify winning the Superbowl in spite of it.

Let's face it, if you are the Jets, being a contender for even 2 years and potentially winning the Superbowl would be worth the epic collapse for them. They've sat through a decade of dominance by the Patriots, 4 Superbowl appearances, 3 wins and a partridge in a pear tree.

Cap hell or not, they'll justify winning the Superbowl in spite of it.

This is true. That and they haven't been in a Super Bowl since Led Zepplin dropped their first album. So yeah, I guess they'll take it...

Something to add to his heisman. Keep making us wolverines proud Cwood!

Well, if Revis feels slighted, here's his chance to prove the voters wrong. New York's still playing and Green Bay isn't.

The league's best corners are among this group: Asomugha, Revis, Finnegan, Leon Hall, Woodson and Champ Bailey.

Revis is the best cover corner since Deion. Teams rarely threw his way by midseason. Woodson saw a ton of balls, so teams may have gotten burned throwing at him, but they weren't afraid to try.

Regards,
Chris

I don't like the Jests but Revis was screwed. Woodson is not half the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes