OT: Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Diver

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
She D-I-D steal a car.....

Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft | ProFootballTalk.com

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn has been arrested on a charge of auto theft, the Dallas Morning News is reporting

Glenn was reportedly booked into the Irving jail Tuesday evening and released at about 1 a.m. today. The charge apparently involves a Black Chevrolet Suburban rental car that was reported stolen by the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

Re: Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft

oh if Kraft would of listened to Parcells and we would've of taken eddie george.

She D-I-D steal a car.....

Report: Terry Glenn arrested for auto theft | ProFootballTalk.com

Former NFL wide receiver Terry Glenn has been arrested on a charge of auto theft, the Dallas Morning News is reporting

Glenn was reportedly booked into the Irving jail Tuesday evening and released at about 1 a.m. today. The charge apparently involves a Black Chevrolet Suburban rental car that was reported stolen by the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.

I used to be a Hertz Gold President's Circle member. We'd get upgrades. No need to go to the counter and get keys....

There's gotta be an explanation for this. ;)

oh if Kraft would of listened to Parcells and we would've of taken eddie george.

Actually the battle was over Cedric Jones, DE from Oklahoma...Kraft won and TG came here.

actually i think it was over vonnie holiday..

actually i think it was over vonnie holiday..

He was drafted in 1998.

Tuna wanted to trade up and get Jones. Armey agreed. Grier stated his case. Kraft overuled Tuna and he stormed out like a little kid. LOL.

As I recall, Glenn did pretty well in his rookie year.

The comments under the article are priceless...

"She shouldn't be stealing cars."
"I never liked her."

classic.

From the article:
After New England selected him and before he signed with the team, Glenn made headlines when he drove his car into a tree in Columbus, Ohio. Police said he was driving about 60 in a 35-mph zone when his car went off the road. Neither he nor a passenger was seriously injured.

His first coach in New England was Bill Parcells – who later became his coach again in Dallas. Parcells, in speaking with reporters, once famously referred to Glenn as "she," an insult for which the coach was admonished by Patriots' owner Robert Kraft. (Parcells would later say that he was wrong about Glenn – that the receiver was a winner.)
LOL :)

Reading through the article he's been in trouble/had problems for quite awhile. Ugh look at that pic of him:eek: Sad.

Not to get any more OT, but for the life of me I will never understand the logic of Bill Parcells. He pissed and moaned about "not being able to shop for the groceries" in NE, and then not even 10 years later he goes and works for Dallas under one of the most meddlesome, second-guessing owners in the league next to Al Davis or Daniel Snyder.

Anyway, when Glenn got into trouble with BB in 2001, people were saying all sorts of stuff about his background, like when he was a kid he saw his mom get killed. Too bad he couldn't get his life straightened out.

The comments under the article are priceless...

"She shouldn't be stealing cars."
"I never liked her."

classic.

Who wrote them -- Bill Parcells?

He was drafted in 1998.

Tuna wanted to trade up and get Jones. Armey agreed. Grier stated his case. Kraft overuled Tuna and he stormed out like a little kid. LOL.

What I remember is that Kraft AGREED with Parcells that they would take Jones, but then when Jones was picked, Parcells wanted to trade back for either Duane Clemons or Tony Brackens, but Kraft went with Terry Glenn.

Once, I was staying in San Francisco, and the hotel garage gave my rental car to another guest, who had a car of the same make, color, and rental company. (There were a LOT of Desert Sand colored Camrys that year ...)

By the time I came to pick up the car, they'd figured out the problem, and wouldn't give me one until "mine" came back.

And I had a party to go to in Marin County ...

Happy ending -- the guy who gave me a ride back from the party wound up being a consulting client. I may have made $15K off of that mistake.

My point -- until we know more details, there's some chance this is all innocent (or fairly innocent) error.

"You cannot be serious!"

Terry Glenn was drafted in 1996. His ninety receptions that year were a rookie record. One of the best athletes the patriots have had but he never lived up to his potential.....................This guy frustrated the hell out of me cuz when he was "on", he was lights out good.

Drew Bledsoe late in his carreer called him the best wide reciever he'd ever thrown to including all his pro bowls.

A shame he still seems to have problems. had potential to be an all time great.

What article are you guys linking to?

The article I read said he rented out a car for two weeks, and was returning it to the rental agency, with his 3 year old in the car, his friends driving behind him because they were picking him up, when police stopped him because the car had been reported stolen.

What I remember is that Kraft AGREED with Parcells that they would take Jones, but then when Jones was picked, Parcells wanted to trade back for either Duane Clemons or Tony Brackens, but Kraft went with Terry Glenn.

I don't doubt it. I remember the interest in Tony Brackens now too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey