PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Reggie Wayne fuming "It's bull. It's bull, man"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!!! More Colt finger pointing please.
Their window has, for the most part, closed.
Their coach is average at best, their QB is beginning to fade, their drafting has not ben great.

In fairness to them, that strategy would have worked if not for Dallas Clark and Austin Collie/half of their team being injured. Both of them catch that 3rd down pass Blair White dropped at the worst time.

Bill Polian is the biggest culprit for the Colts' season. His last 3 first round picks have all been terrible and he's repeated mistakes countless times. I'm still baffled by the Jerry Hughes pick when they had so many more needs to use that pick on.
White didnt drop the pass until after it bounced off the ground

Their coach is average at best, their QB is beginning to fade, their drafting has not ben great.
I think the history of the Colts, with Manning throwing people under the bus, and the random whining like Wayne is doing here combined with the Polian factor will make their decline very entertaining.
My bet is as soon as it starts in earnest, Polian abandons ship.

I wonder if Wayne is trying to use his mouth to shoot his way out of Indy. Polian is probably not pleased with this.

I wonder if Wayne is trying to use his mouth to shoot his way out of Indy. Polian is probably not pleased with this.
Polian is a worse culprit than Manning at throwing people under the bus. It would be awfully hypocritical to come down on Wayne for placing blame.
Yup, Polian will now rip Wayne.

Peyton's a great QB, but the new OC and HC definitely aren't Moore and Dungy. And it's showing.

Wayne should have been targeted more. Give him a chance, hes a great WR and there were a few times he had good seperation. I agree Revis is a great CB but you shouldnt just compelety ignore his side of the field, atleast look there.

OC should have made plays for Wayne to get his hands on the ball more often.

Wayne should have been targeted more. Give him a chance, hes a great WR and there were a few times he had good seperation. I agree Revis is a great CB but you shouldnt just compelety ignore his side of the field, atleast look there.

OC should have made plays for Wayne to get his hands on the ball more often.
Isnt the point to get A RECEIVER open, not to force it to one?
Why is it a bad play call if the defense focusses on Wayne, covers him, but someone else gets open? Isnt that the goal of a pass play?

I mean if I have a great Wr and an average one and the great one is covered by the best corner in the league and the average one by the worst corner in the league, why would I not exploit the advantage?

Isnt the point to get A RECEIVER open, not to force it to one?
Why is it a bad play call if the defense focusses on Wayne, covers him, but someone else gets open? Isnt that the goal of a pass play?

I mean if I have a great Wr and an average one and the great one is covered by the best corner in the league and the average one by the worst corner in the league, why would I not exploit the advantage?

I agree with you for the most part, it doesnt make sense to challenge revis over and over because your No.1 is over there...but the OC should work Wayne into getting his hands on the ball, motion wayne, put him in the slot because revis isnt as effective in the slot etc. I can understand Waynes frustration.

Their coach is G-D idiot.
And that look on Manning's face when the TO was called can be loosely interpreted as "Dumb Ass!"

colts lost a playoff game to a team with 2 ex chargers doing or setting up all the scoring, big surprise.......

the last two colts playoff losses, brees tomlinson and cromartie basically setting up all the points

pretty funny

Perhaps he should be angry at himself for failing to get open?
Is he saying he is entitled to passes even if he cant beat the coverage?

Oh I'm not so sure about the statement that Reggie wasn't open. There was more than once when they showed replays where he broke free of the coverage and could have had some catches if thrown to him.

If theres any receiver who seems to have done more damage to the Pats in the past, I'd have to say it is Reggie Wayne. I have respect for him as an opponent.

the thing i would be upset about if i was him... even when he won against revis he just wasn't looked at... he has every right to be upset

Reggie's fuming because he's never been shut down like that in his entire career. Manning isn't going to look at you if you're constantly blanketed. And, even if they moved Wayne around, Revis would have shadowed him.

Out of character for wayne. Colts can't really afford to not go to wayne and avoid reavis completely like the pats could. Colts will be fine next year imo when they get healthy.

I think he is a free agent after this season, sign the beast !!! :D

He should change his name to Reggie Whine (he sure ain't no John Wayne relative).
All WR beg the ref for flags, but he's one of the worst.

He should change his name to Reggie Whine (he sure ain't no John Wayne relative).
All WR beg the ref for flags, but he's one of the worst.

OT, but I applaud last night's refs for not giving in to the crushing pressure within the RCA dome (or whatever it's called now) to call pass interference on every third down Manning incompletion.

Revis hasn't been called for a penalty all year, at least as far as I remember.

Revis also has 0 interceptions, I kinda wish they had thrown to Wayne more, just to see how it would play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back