PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Refs screwed the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre screwed the Vikings. bad calls happen in every game. The bottom line is that when the game was there for the taking... Farve tried to play hero (again) and threw that duck EVERYONE knew was coming.

Battle+Billionaires+Announce+Details+Wrestlemania+-JO2tXNsCV9l.jpg

"Brett screwed Brett"

Last edited:
Eff Lord Farvequad. Eff. Him.

Brady's knee was torn during the first quarter of the first game in 2008, on a hit to the knees blatently meant to injure. Yet not one flag was thrown, nor was a fine forthcoming. I say therefore: Eff every other QB in the league who stands in our way.

Except Drew Brees. Go Saints! I hope they snap Payaton's legs in half.

the vikings screwed themselves with 5 TO's including a missed hand off inside the 10.

bingo. The vikings inability to handle the fundamentals beat them, we had just as many bad calls on us. Bad hand offs and 12 men on the field for a simple run for 5 yards is what killed them. Thou the Saints did not play well the 2nd half they did keep their composure, the vikings did not.

saints were absolutely getting screwed by the refs the entire game.

what a load of crap this is.

bingo. The vikings inability to handle the fundamentals beat them, we had just as many bad calls on us. Bad hand offs and 12 men on the field for a simple run for 5 yards is what killed them. Thou the Saints did not play well the 2nd half they did keep their composure, the vikings did not.

And I don't think Brees will have an off game next week either - I was surprised, with very little pressure, his passes were high and was missing wide open receivers.

Anyhow - I don't expect him to have a bad game in the Super Bowl, especially coming off the bye where he'll get an extra week to regroup.

Also - Childress is a TERRIBLE coach - with the FG range being 51 yards, he decided to just MERELY play for the FG(!) as if it was in a chip shot range with those 2 handoffs to Petersen.

saints were absolutely getting screwed by the refs the entire game.

what a load of crap this is.

The Vikings got 2 scores out of them as well.

Personally, I try to have empathy for the losing team when their fans complain about the refs, b/c when my team loses, can't tell you the agony of going through thread after thread on the CMB over how we got screwed over with so many bad refs calls. But OTOH, we've won numerous games b/c it was US that got favorable ref calls.

My bro in law, a rabid Minnesota fan, called last night still wound up from the loss last week....he was telling me that the NFL admitted to three blown calls.. particular the Leber PI call..

Maybe in these games they should review some of these close plays, not sure how that would work, in terms of time.. but the Leber call was obviously not a penalty.. it may not have made a difference, but it was a crappy call..

Re: Refs screwed the Vikings

I guess the NFL is getting as tired of Lord Farve as we are.

I guess the record number of viewers (55 million?) were just as sick of him as you apparently are.

As for the questionable calls...the NFL stated that the hit where Favre was driven to the ground was a textbook call. The hi-low hit should have been a 15 yarder. However, they did not say that the Leber PI was incorrect. They said that he got his feet tangled with the receiver but did not look for the ball, so they said it cannot be ruled incidental contact when Leber was not looking for the ball.

Last edited:

Brady's knee was torn during the first quarter of the first game in 2008, on a hit to the knees blatently meant to injure. Yet not one flag was thrown, nor was a fine forthcoming. I say therefore: Eff every other QB in the league who stands in our way.

Except Drew Brees. Go Saints! I hope they snap Payaton's legs in half.

I'm pretty sure it wasnt a rule then.

So with that logic, a team should just quit once they have a certian number of turn overs? Or, how about a team is able to over come mistakes, (which they dide) and win a game (which they did without the refs helping the saints.)

Re: Refs screwed the Vikings

I guess the NFL is getting as tired of Lord Farve as we are.

HAHH well said. Probably the refs were hoping Favre would call it quits right on the spot

off topic...but are YOU my ex-wife?

something eerily familiar about "not now"..

That is exactly why things like this need to stop. If referees are that incompetent then they need to be replaced so that people don't get seriously hurt. And if we can't find any good referees, then the NFL needs to go with my idea. Review every questionable play regardless of how much it slows down the game.

I hope they snap Payaton's legs in half.

And that is not cool.

Let's see, the officials missed a RTP call on Favre. They missed one the week earlier when Warner received a pretty obvious blow to the head. They also missed Sanchez getting wiped out on a running play (Not any sort of option play, but a normal, hand-it-off-and-watch, running play. I don't think I've seen a hit like that outside of the movies, where they try to show how dirty one team is).

The refs are going to make bad calls or miss calls in almost every game, some of them so obvious that you can't see how they messed it up. It's unfortunate that it cost the Vikings, but, short of reviewing every play, we're going to have to put up with human error from the officials.

Let's see, the officials missed a RTP call on Favre. They missed one the week earlier when Warner received a pretty obvious blow to the head. They also missed Sanchez getting wiped out on a running play (Not any sort of option play, but a normal, hand-it-off-and-watch, running play. I don't think I've seen a hit like that outside of the movies, where they try to show how dirty one team is).

The refs are going to make bad calls or miss calls in almost every game, some of them so obvious that you can't see how they messed it up. It's unfortunate that it cost the Vikings, but, short of reviewing every play, we're going to have to put up with human error from the officials.

It wasn't just one call though... There was three calls in OT alone.

And I don't think Brees will have an off game next week either - I was surprised, with very little pressure, his passes were high and was missing wide open receivers.

Anyhow - I don't expect him to have a bad game in the Super Bowl, especially coming off the bye where he'll get an extra week to regroup.

Also - Childress is a TERRIBLE coach - with the FG range being 51 yards, he decided to just MERELY play for the FG(!) as if it was in a chip shot range with those 2 handoffs to Petersen.

Ya I agree with you here, brees usually plays his best when playing a team that is considered better. He has a habit of rising to the occasion.

Breeses spirals were way off, it looked like sonny jurgensen was throwing the ball, I don't know if he couldn't get his feet set or that sack clock was going off in his head, but the vikings defense did a good job.
When Brees misses its almost a shocker, but I cant tell you when in 3 years Ive ever seen this offense have 3x 3 and out in a row, that was unheard of.

why didn't Childress just run, we were not stopping the run? He not very good or Favre made the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back