PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Refs screwed the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Refs screwed the Vikings

That call and the PI that put the Saints in FG range were pretty bad.

The constant turnovers made me feel less bad about the whole situation though.

That's why you throw it deep - I agree that the Vikings got hosed on that PI call, but 1/2 of the time teams throw it deep, they'll get lucky with getting a PI call that probably wasn't even close. At worse, it will be just an imcompletion.

A few of you are just worthless f'ing hypocrites. If this had been Brady would you still not see what the big deal was? I wish I had the time to dig up some old threads when talking about hits on Brady to compare and contrast a little bit.

Actually, I want to expand on what I said. Those of you who say this isn't a big deal aren't just worthless f'ing hypocrites, you're worthless as human beings. You're partisan, pathetic, and don't care for fairness. You act like a great sin is committed everytime something goes against the Pats, but when it happens to someone else it's not a problem. You are miserable, scum-sucking maggots. You don't deserve to be Pats fans. Again, this only applies to those of you who think the non-call was OK.

Actually, I want to expand on what I said. Those of you who say this isn't a big deal aren't just worthless f'ing hypocrites, you're worthless as human beings. You're partisan, pathetic, and don't care for fairness. You act like a great sin is committed everytime something goes against the Pats, but when it happens to someone else it's not a problem. You are miserable, scum-sucking maggots. You don't deserve to be Pats fans. Again, this only applies to those of you who think the non-call was OK.
*starts slow clap*

I knew this should have been a flag.

no effin way

r u trying to tell me that an NFL crew actually made a mistake?

thats the first since periera started his little segments

Re: Refs screwed the Vikings

Lots of bad calls went both ways. This was just one of them and it happened to hurt the Vikings. Don't see the big deal here

I disagree, it was a very dirty play, and was amazed Favre didn't break his leg on the play. The guy dove for his lower leg. I was shocked they missed this. Not a huge Favre fan, but they definitely blew that call.

Worthless human beings eh? Glad to see you are keeping such a level head about this :rolleyes: They blew the call on the low hit, what part of my post or other posts do you see us not saying that? But the thing some of you forget is that the play before that was an incomplete pass in a long down situation that was cancelled out by a phantom roughing the passer call against NO. It was just as bad a call, keeping the drive alive. The Saints deserved the ball in that situation regardless, maybe a 15-20 yard change in field position but that is negligible given how the game played out. BOTH teams got hosed on calls throughout the game, one blown call is no excuse in the end.

The PI in OT was garbage and Vikes have every right to complain about that one, but hey that's the NFL now thanks to Polian. Besides, the Vikings had a chance to avoid OT altogether but they **** the bed with their playcalling and then the amazing Brett Favre made a boneheaded play that most high school QB's don't make. The Vikings screwed themselves, get over it. If that opinion makes me a worthless human being then so be it :rolleyes:

Worthless human beings eh? Glad to see you are keeping such a level head about this :rolleyes: They blew the call on the low hit, what part of my post or other posts do you see us not saying that? But the thing some of you forget is that the play before that was an incomplete pass in a long down situation that was cancelled out by a phantom roughing the passer call against NO. It was just as bad a call, keeping the drive alive. The Saints deserved the ball in that situation regardless, maybe a 15-20 yard change in field position but that is negligible given how the game played out. BOTH teams got hosed on calls throughout the game, one blown call is no excuse in the end.

The PI in OT was garbage and Vikes have every right to complain about that one, but hey that's the NFL now thanks to Polian. Besides, the Vikings had a chance to avoid OT altogether but they **** the bed with their playcalling and then the amazing Brett Favre made a boneheaded play that most high school QB's don't make. The Vikings screwed themselves, get over it. If that opinion makes me a worthless human being then so be it :rolleyes:
Hey, same with the phantom PI call (faceguarding was it?) on Hobbs that ended our 2006 season, right? Our fault for letting the Colts put us in the position of one bad call ruining our game? If you said/thought it then, then you're not one of the people I'm talking about. But if you *****ed and moaned like many of the posters here, well, then the shoe fits.

The nfl just needs better refs or they need to review ALL questionable calls (or lack of a call.)

I see this kind of stuff every year and don't think games should be decided by the referees.

BOTH teams got hosed on calls throughout the game, one blown call is no excuse in the end.

A blown call is one thing

an illegal hit that nearly takes the opposing QB out of the game is another

Hey, same with the phantom PI call (faceguarding was it?) on Hobbs that ended our 2006 season, right? Our fault for letting the Colts put us in the position of one bad call ruining our game? If you said/thought it then, then you're not one of the people I'm talking about. But if you *****ed and moaned like many of the posters here, well, then the shoe fits.

How did Hobbs' penalty end our season?????? Besides, can you name a single major call that went our way in that game? I can't either. Poor comparison. Then again, I'm just a worthless human being what would I know.

How did Hobbs' penalty end our season?????? Besides, can you name a single major call that went our way in that game? I can't either. Poor comparison. Then again, I'm just a worthless human being what would I know.
Lol, of course, the two situations are completely different. When the Patriots got screwed it was undeserved, but the Vikings deserved to get screwed. How could I not see that?

Geez, chill for a minute. :eek: First of all, I don't like or dislike Bret Favre. I don't care for his offseason "me, me, me" drama but I can admit he is still a great QB even at his age. And I certainly don't want to see any team lose (even the Colts or Jets!) a game by a bad call or no call. Yes, I agree that games shouldn't be decided by that. It should be decided by which team is better on that day. Otherwise the whole thing is pointless. Why go out there and play if the refs are going to decide who wins? And why watch it?

The nfl needs to seriously crack down on this problem by either hiring better referees or as I said in the other post, review all questionable calls or non-calls. Yes, it would slow the game down considerably but i think its better than the alternative.

Lol, of course, the two situations are completely different. When the Patriots got screwed it was undeserved, but the Vikings deserved to get screwed. How could I not see that?

Still waiting for you to name a single play where we were awarded 15 yards or more for no reason. Your point holds no water anyways, the call on Hobbs was a bad call but I never said it's the reason we lost that game. Check the defensive breakdown in the 2nd half or not being able to convert one 1st down to seal the game so honestly I could care less. All I'm doing is showing that it's a bad example, being the worthless human being that I am.

It was a make-up call. It happens a lot in sports unfortunately. They called a questionable roughing penalty right before it. Aikman in particular thought it was an awful call but not all that different from what gets caklled every week. The home crowd went nuts and the refs let it get to them.

the vikings screwed themselves with 5 TO's including a missed hand off inside the 10.

Glad to see this topic. Watching the game I could not believe that the hit on Favre below the knees was not called. WTF? I'm no Favre drama queen fan but that was a blatently inexcuseable miss by incompetent refs. Really affected the game, too.

Almost as bad was the earlier bogus RTP call against NO when they legitemately sacked Favre.

the vikings screwed themselves with 5 TO's including a missed hand off inside the 10.

Is it so difficult to realize that one of the turnovers would not have existed, and that the Vikings would have had a 1st and 10 from inside the red zone on that drive, without this call being missed?

Glad to see this topic. Watching the game I could not believe that the hit on Favre below the knees was not called. WTF? I'm no Favre drama queen fan but that was a blatently inexcuseable miss by incompetent refs. Really affected the game, too.

Almost as bad was the earlier bogus RTP call against NO when they legitemately sacked Favre.

To be fair, Kevin Williams was called for the exact same play (excessive force) earlier in the season by the same refs, so at least they are consistant.

The play talked about wasn't even the worst call against the Vikings! And i'm not talking about the P.I. BS either. The worst call was giving the Saints a first down on that fourth and one play. He clearly had the first down until he FUMBLED the ball into his midsection. He lost the forward progress on the hit and because of that, it's the Vikings ball at around midfield in OT.

Favre screwed the Vikings. bad calls happen in every game. The bottom line is that when the game was there for the taking... Farve tried to play hero (again) and threw that duck EVERYONE knew was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes