PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Referee Ed Hochuli

Status
Not open for further replies.
..."After review, the receiver, who barely sidestepped his way to stay in bounds, appeared to retain possession of the ball after initially juggling the ball...when his right foot slid towards the right sideline, his left foot became entangled with the first defender's upper torso which in turn propelled him at a left angle at the second defender's midsection...at that point it became really really difficult to determine if the receiver stopped juggling the ball prior to his contact on the ground with the second defender. Therefore, I conclude that receiver did not have possession of the ball when the play concluded at the right hash mark situated just short of the 43 yard line.....because the play ensued for approx. 3 seconds prior to the stoppage of play, we will now undertake a review to determine whether this delay was in fact 2 or 3 seconds in duration..."

I like Ed a lot and he's totally right about the NFL needing to make refs full time employees. I dont know if its the league being cheap or what but wouldnt it would certainly improve the quality of the calls made during games if they refs could focus solely on football instead of juggling other jobs at the same time. Im pretty sure the NFL is the only league that doesnt have full time refs, I think they really need to reconsider their position especially after all the questionable calls in the playoffs this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes