PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Redskins Hire Jim Zorn as OC 'before' finding and signing a HC??? - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Last edited:
Washington going out and signing a OC before a HC ???????

What the fu(k is Snyder thinking?????

Shouldn't a team hire a coach who should then go out and hire assistants who he thinks are best?

This is definately an owner who is deciding to do things on his own,Not smart for the future of that franchise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214785&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

well the dolphins hired their OL coach before they hired sparano.

Dallas did this with Garrett too, sort of. They hired Garrett to a position on the staff, basically the offensive coordinator as a base. He then became a candidate for the head coaching position, which obviously he didn't get.

That was unique though.
a) Jerry Jones was not going to bring in an authority coach, but rather one he could control anyway, following Parcells, so having Garrett on the staff would be a requirement anyway, and he wouldn't be vetoed by a strong figure.
b) Everyone thought Garrett was a rising star regardless, and he did a great job this year.

Here, if the new coach wanted Jim Zorn, they could hire him. Zorn doesn't really stand out compared to anyone else.

Was reading about this in the Post today. They were wooing Fassel, who wanted Zorn as an OC and some Giants guy as a DC... Actually, I did NOT get the impression they'd gone ahead and hired Zorn, but if that's the deal, that's the deal.... evidently the DC they wanted was under contract, then the Fassel deal fell through.

PFnV

well the dolphins hired their OL coach before they hired sparano.

Knowing Parcellshe probably had some back alley secret agreements set up. I doubt he'd hire a coach that would clash with his HC. He's just too cunning.

Unless they have already decided who they are hiring as a HC, but can't announce it yet. Which would mean he is an assistant for the Pats or Giants.

I am seriously laughing my arse off at the continuing bumbling of Dan Snyder. He is the Isiah Thomas (the coach/exec. version - not the player version) of the NFL.

The big news last week was his elevating Vinny Cerratto to the level of GM (technically, "Exec VP of Player Personnel"). Mr. Cerratto is generally looked upon as Mr. Snyder's valet/cook by the folks in MD/VA. They are seriously spinning in anger down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes