PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Red Sox commercial (Daisuke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just when you thought Daisuke Matsuzaka could get anymore BADASS he goes ahead and makes a Japanese commercial that has him donning a Red Sox uniform, throwing baseballs at cameras, drinking beer and throwing balls into a screaming crowd.

Matsuzaka = badass

Just when you thought Daisuke Matsuzaka could get anymore BADASS he goes ahead and makes a Japanese commercial that has him donning a Red Sox uniform, throwing baseballs at cameras, drinking beer and throwing balls into a screaming crowd.

Matsuzaka = badass

This belongs in the baseball forum, not in the Patriots forum.

This belongs in the baseball forum, not in the Patriots forum.
This is a Patriots forum? You could have fooled me. Lately, it looks a lot more like:

1. A soap opera.

2. A pissing contest.

3. A zoo.

4. A joke.

This is a Patriots forum? You could have fooled me. Lately, it looks a lot more like:

1. A soap opera.

2. A pissing contest.

3. A zoo.

4. A joke.

You are correct. And it doesn't help matters with people posting OT topics like:

1. Lawn darts

2. Badminton

3. Baseball

4. Croquet

Last edited:
2 weeks and 5 days and we can begin to see if this guy's worth the gazillion dollars he's getting. It may not be Football-related, but this topic is sure more cheerful than TJ's issues.

Last edited:
it's hard to call a metrosexual a badass. I can't wait to see him pitch but calling him a badass is just begging yankees fans to dredge up pictures of him wearing a girly jacket or carrying a man-purse.

I'd rather see a thread about putting that those overpaid crybabies.

yankeesSuckKid.jpg

You'd think the Sox were the Colts with all the hate they get around here.

There is plenty of "love" for them in this message board's baseball forum WHERE IT BELONGS. People come to this forum to get away from baseball talk, there is no need to force it here.

Matsuzaka = badass

Nice!

That boy can slam some brew, too!

He's gonna fit right in over here!

Last edited:
You'd think the Sox were the Colts with all the hate they get around here.

Some people just have to separate them.

For others, Boston sports is Boston sports.

Can't we all just get along?

Some people just have to separate them.

For others, Boston sports is Boston sports.

Can't we all just get along?

I guess not.

Some people cant stand even realizing the Sox are in the same area.

Some people cant stand even realizing the Sox are in the same area.

Believe it or not, there are people on this messageboard -- myself obviously included -- who could care less about Boston baseball and actually resent the degree to which local media pushes it at the Patriots' expense. Exhibit A, The Boston Globe; Exhibit B, WEEI.

Many of us consider the Patriots forum a refuge from this mind-numbing excess, which is why posting OT here about Boston baseball might be considered an affront to fellow board members. It would simply be courteous of YOU to "realize" this fact, and use the board as it was intended. There is a forum here where you can chatter as much as you like about the Desperate Housewives (Boston's baseball team), and it will be welcomed and appreciated.

It's a win-win situation when you consider it: You get to share your interest with like-minded folks, and those who aren't interested don't have to negotiate the speed-bumps your OT baseball threads generate. Hopefully that makes things a bit more clear.

Last edited:
ewwwwww Red Sox, I am about to barf, we are nearing baseball season. I think I need to go into hibernation until training camp starts.

Its not that I dont like the Red Sox, its just that I find baseball completely boring, watching it and playing it. Football to me is about 10x more exciting and fun to play or watch.

Last edited:
I'd rather see a thread about putting that those overpaid crybabies.

yankeesSuckKid.jpg

I've seen that picture be photoshopped into a bunch of different teams' gear.

I think the original picture was from an English soccer game.

Believe it or not, there are people on this messageboard -- myself obviously included -- who could care less about Boston baseball and actually resent the degree to which local media pushes it at the Patriots' expense. Exhibit A, The Boston Globe; Exhibit B, WEEI.

Many of us consider the Patriots forum a refuge from this mind-numbing excess, which is why posting OT here about Boston baseball might be considered an affront to fellow board members. It would simply be courteous of YOU to "realize" this fact, and use the board as it was intended. There is a forum here where you can chatter as much as you like about the Desperate Housewives (Boston's baseball team), and it will be welcomed and appreciated.

It's a win-win situation when you consider it: You get to share your interest with like-minded folks, and those who aren't interested don't have to negotiate the speed-bumps your OT baseball threads generate. Hopefully that makes things a bit more clear.

...Tune, I thought we've discussed this before - it's beating a dead horse...

(You have to be born in the area to know...)

As true as my quote in a certain signature is, it is now baseball season in Boston. Anyone who complains at this point about a domination of Red Sox talk over Pats talk in the Globe and on WEEI needs to tone it down a bit., because they've gone off the deep end. It's a bit outrageous to expect more Pats talk say, last week, when the Helton trade was being worked and the Pats were, well, playing golf. I realize sentiment towards baseball may be different in other parts of the country where college football and Nascar and such (for effect :D) rule, but this is Boston for cryin' out loud.

The truth is, the true "MANY" of us are Boston sports fans (that would be the Sox and Pats...there are two other teams that I can't remember right now...), and enjoy following the Red Sox as much as we do the Patriots. It would be false to assume a large number of PatsFans come here to "get away" from "24/7" baseball talk.

With that said, their IS a Red Sox forum for this. And if you want to criticize the Red Sox amongst a Patriots fanbase (New England, in general) that also has strong loyalties to the Red Sox, you should probably do it in there too.

The "Desperate Housewives" ship has sailed. There are only something like 5 members of the 2004 Sox still around. The Sox have an exciting up-and-coming set of youngsters (Papelbon, Lester, Buchholz, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Bard, Masterson, etc.), but that is to be discussed in the Sox forum.

But if I may: :D

1. Lawn darts

2. Badminton

3. NASCAR

4. Croquet

Last edited:
i have been one that was knocked numerous times for postin about the sox or celts on here
anyway, great vid
im really excited to see what this guy can do
but you know what else, i really am sick of the mlb
its nothing compared to the nfl
nothing
that being said, ill still watch the sox all yr and love em (not the way i love the pats of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots