PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RB Larry Johnson suspended indefinitely by Chiefs for Twitter remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Looks like Larry has pissed off the organization for allegedly insulting Coach Haley via Twitter and on top of that gay slurs to some critic fans who wrote him on Twitter - The guy sounds like Corey Dillon who hated everything about the Bengals but we know what he did once he was here :).

If the Chiefs decide to release a disgruntled Johnson maybe BB could take a shot at him for cheap?
He is still just 29 and maybe worn out from all the carries over the years but still think he could be a player who could do some good things and since Morris and Taylor could be gone a long time who knows?

Sounds like a player who is having a tough time dealing with being on a very bad team and he was mad he was not involved as much anymore,I think a winning environment could help,Since trading is now over he would have to be released but I don't think Pioli is ready to do that.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=8925966

Last edited:
Re: OT: RB Larry Johnson suspended indefinately by Chiefs for Twitter remarks

I'm a PSU fan and I hate this guy for disgracing my alma mater.

Can't root for him. He's a jackarse of the highest order.

I'm a PSU fan and I hate this guy for disgracing my alma mater.

Can't root for him. He's a jackarse of the highest order.

When he and Holmes were a tandem they were one of the toughest SOB of a running set that the NFL had seen for quite a while,Since Holmes retired and Johnson had been used in a much larger role, he has fallen on hard times and on top of that has a bad team with a QB that has been a big dissapointment thus far.

Still I wonder if the guy went to a team with a winning tradition would he come out of his slumber or maybe he is done,I don't know.

Larry's problem is that he is not named Walter or Barry. They were the only two that could run behind a terrible O line and still have success.

Larry's problem is that he is not named Walter or Barry.

Right now his problem is that he's stupid enough to think that it's a good idea to use a slur against 10% of the American population on a forum as public as Twitter while playing in a league as PR conscious as the NFL. I mean, seriously. That's going to cost him a lot of money.

When he and Holmes were a tandem they were one of the toughest SOB of a running set that the NFL had seen for quite a while,Since Holmes retired and Johnson had been used in a much larger role, he has fallen on hard times and on top of that has a bad team with a QB that has been a big dissapointment thus far.

Still I wonder if the guy went to a team with a winning tradition would he come out of his slumber or maybe he is done,I don't know.

For Cassel to be impressive with the talent he has to work with, he'd have to be better than Brady.

Right now his problem is that he's stupid enough to think that it's a good idea to use a slur against 10% of the American population on a forum as public as Twitter while playing in a league as PR conscious as the NFL. I mean, seriously. That's going to cost him a lot of money.

That plus the gay teammates that he offended.

When you compare Dillon's career numbers with LJ's, you see that Dillon was more of a high plateau (six of the first seven seasons 1100+ yards rushing) whereas LJ has kinda been average aside from two ginormous years. The question is: did he simply peak and is now done, or does he have untapped potential?

This year he's been bad, around 2.7 YPC. On the other hand, the Chiefs' O-line sucks, which is partly why Cassel has looked pedestrian. (I say "partly" because he's also not playing that great. Frankly, though, neither is Brady, but having the Pats' O and D around you makes a bit of a difference in the final outcomes.)

The thing about LJ is, while he's 30, he didn't get as much use early on in his career. So you would think there might be some reserves in the tank that a change of scenery and a winning team might pull out of him.

I wouldn't throw big money at him. But if he gets cut loose, and he's willing to take a one-year "show me" deal, he's welcome IMO. If Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris were healthy and slashing through opposing defenses, I'd say don't bother but, with only Maroney and BJGE here, a rejuvenated LJ who can even give the Pats, say, 4.0 YPC and 50-75 yards per game would be a help.

10% of the American population
huh! Must be a lot of full closets somewhere.. I dont even know one of them.

The thing about LJ is, while he's 30, he didn't get as much use early on in his career. So you would think there might be some reserves in the tank that a change of scenery and a winning team might pull out of him.

The thing is, yeah, he didn't get used much the first couple years, but he has so much damage from those two 400+ carry seasons. He's got all sorts of injury issues. His speed is gone.

You probably know a bunch, they're just afraid of your reaction. People who "don't know any" generally (and I'm not saying you are) are just homophobes.

No thanks on Johnson. That guy is beyond done. Anybody that has watched the Chiefs this year can see that. It amazes me that someone of you can complain about Maroney in one thread (not calling anybody out in particular, just saying) and then turn around in another thread and openly wonder whether or not Larry Johnson should be brought in....

No thanks on Johnson. That guy is beyond done. Anybody that has watched the Chiefs this year can see that. It amazes me that someone of you can complain about Maroney in one thread (not calling anybody out in particular, just saying) and then turn around in another thread and openly wonder whether or not Larry Johnson should be brought in....

Johnson has proven his worth in the past when KC was at least competitive and now that he is on a bad team he is unable to do so. - Can you think of a better RB combo much better than Holmes and Johnson were a few years ago?

Maroney has been on a SB caliber team since he was here and has done little

Lets not make this thread a Maroney or a Gay bashing thread,O.K.?

Last edited:

Johnson has proven his worth in the past whne KC was at least competitive and now that he is on a bad team he is unable to do so.

Maroney has been on a SB caliber team since he was here and has done little

Lets not make this thread a Maroney or a Gay bashing thread,O.K.?

I'm not even going to get into the Maroney subject for 500,000th time

As for Johnson, even if KC was competitive he would still be done. Watch a K.C. game at some point this season. He looks like L.T. does now. The tread has quite obviously worn off.

Disregarding the off-field politics, and I still do not think L.J. would be worth adding. I think he's pretty much done after being way overused in 2005 and 2006. In '05 he got the ball in his hands 369 times, and then in '06 he got it an incredible 457 times. Frankly I'm not sold on the idea that his 2.7 yards per carry is simply due to the line in front of him.

I think after getting tackled more than 900 times in a 16-month stretch, he's toast as far as being an effective NFL running back goes. Guys that get hit that much in that short a time span typically have very short careers. Ricky Williams is about the only guy I've seen bounce back and be effective after being overused, but that only happened after he essentially took four years off.

That's the Kinsey number. Other estimates come close other than the census estimate.

What Percentage of the Population Is Gay?

Kinsey was way off, on so many levels that it would take months of discussion board conversations to cover them all. But that's neither here nor there. What Johnson did wrong was call out his coach for a lack of football playing experience. The "***" thing is just more political correctness gone wild, but belittling his coach was sheer stupidity, especially for a player who's not exactly been a brilliant runner in recent years and has a problematic history with his coaches.

Last edited:

LOL, I'm sure they're somewhere but I have never met a man who I know to be gay. Not a single one. I do know one woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes