PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ray Lewis goes off on Jets/Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem the Jets are going to have is that everyone this year now wants to punch them in the mouth! The NY media will be the first in line if they don't start off well!

Re: OT:Ray lewis goes off on jets/ryan

This is my favorite quote:

The Jets haven't won a SB in 40+ years but have spent the entire season talking about how they're Super Bowl-bound, and now they're making fun of Lewis because he's talking Super Bowl when he hasn't one won in ten whole years.
They haven't BEEN to a Super Bowl in 40+ years.

Ray Lewis is a STUD. Greatest MLB in the history of football. And it's not even close.

Ray Lewis may or may not be the greatest MLB in the history of football, but I wouldn't go so far as saying that it's not even close. Ray Nitschke and **** Butkus defined the position, Willie Lanier was vastly underrated because he played in the AFL, and Jack Lambert and Mike Singletary could lay claim to that title as well. Lewis is headed to the Hall of Fame, and is in the mix somewhere for the title of best MLB ever, but you can't just write off those five other guys from the conversation that quickly.

Last edited:

I hope the Terminator is ready to face the guy who used to hold the record for reps in the bench press at the Combine.

Last edited:
I feel your pain Ray Ray....we have to put up with these clowns (jets) and their fan base every summer.

The good news is Wrecksie will probably be the defensive coordinator for the University of Vermont in 3 years.

Ray Lewis may or may not be the greatest MLB in the history of football, but I wouldn't go so far as saying that it's not even close. Ray Nitschke and **** Butkus defined the position, Willie Lanier was vastly underrated because he played in the AFL, and Jack Lambert and Mike Singletary could lay calim to that title as well. Lewis is headed to the Hall of Fame, and is in the mix somewhere for the title of best MLB ever, but you can't just write off those five other guys from the conversation that quickly.

You forgot about the best LB ever, LT.

Ray Lewis may or may not be the greatest MLB in the history of football, but I wouldn't go so far as saying that it's not even close. Ray Nitschke and **** Butkus defined the position, Willie Lanier was vastly underrated because he played in the AFL, and Jack Lambert and Mike Singletary could lay calim to that title as well. Lewis is headed to the Hall of Fame, and is in the mix somewhere for the title of best MLB ever, but you can't just write off those five other guys from the conversation that quickly.

I didnt.

I've gone over all of their careers with a fine tooth comb, many, many times. And the same conclusion is always reached. None of the players you mention above have a legitimate claim over Ray Lewis as the greatest MLB to ever play. They all fall short one way or another.

If you really disagree and feel that you would honestly (not just for the sake of argument) take one of those guys AHEAD of Ray Lewis if you were building an "All Time Great Team", please feel free to make a case for them.

I'll warn you ahead of time that I have had this discussion more times than I can remember. ;)

LT was an OLB. And yes, he was better. The best defensive player in the history of the game (IMO). But still, a completely different position.

I loved this one...

"They watched the Superbowl last year from the same spot as we did, the couch"......

LT never played MIDDLE LineBacker, genius.

Well, except for that one time ~ Super Bowl XXI, it was ~ when I consumed 13 Rum + Cokes, and by the end of the game, he was playing all four LB positions. :eek:

I guy I work with is a big Ravens fan....He takes time off to go to training camp every year....I always thought he was nuts...to take a family vacation...for training camp....

Anyway...

He was telling me Ray Lewis stories one day at lunch...and aside from all the BS..."He's the Man!!!" talk..Heres one thing that he told me that stuck with me about Ray Lewis.

When the players arrive at camp...And I mean the veterans...they all show up in flashy, expensive cars...Bently's, Ferrari's, etc, etc...But Ray shows up in an old Ford pick up.....every year.

I kind of like that....Old school.

I have thought different of Ray Lewis since hearing that story....

Well said. It's just flat out ridiculous to purport to elevate him about the extraordinary group you've described, here.

For my money, I'll take Jack @#$%^&*ing Lambert.

3:25 of UNQUENCHABLE Ferocity!!

Well said. It's just flat out ridiculous to purport to elevate him about the extraordinary group you've described, here.

For my money, I'll take Jack @#$%^&*ing Lambert.

3:25 of UNQUENCHABLE Ferocity!!

Why? Lambert wasnt as good as Lewis. If you think im wrong, please explain how you came to this conclusion.

:popcorn:

Why? Lambert wasnt as good as Lewis. If you think im wrong, please explain how you came to this conclusion.

Your opening statement is far too ridiculous to warrant further response.

here is my case for Lewis... Put yours on the table for Lambert and see how it stacks up...

*11 pro bowls (MOST ever for ILB/MLB)

*9 All Pro selections (tied for MOST ever for ILB/MLB) (POST MERGER MIND YOU)

*188 Approximate Value (MOST ever for ILB/MLB)

*143 Career Approximate Value (MOST ever for ANY LB, outside or inside)

*97 Approximate Value for 5 best seasons (Most for ANY LB, outside or inside)

*2 DPOY awards (one in a 4-3 and one in 3-4)

*led 10 top 6 defenses in the last 11 years

*SB champion and SB MVP

*Playoff performance: 13 games, 130 tackles, 1 sack, 2 int, 5 ff, 1 fr, 13 pd, 1 td

*coaching tree: Del Rio, Singletary, Nolan, Rex Ryan, Marvin Lewis, among others have coached Lewis and gone on to head coaching jobs.
*Influence: Beason, Willis, Merriman, Morrison, Tatupu, Vilma, among others have cited Lewis as a mentor. As well as Offensive players such as Chad OchoCinco

*Longevity: No other MLB/ILB has ever been a 1st team all pro in his 13 or 14th seasons and Lewis did it in BOTH seasons. Lewis was a 2nd team all pro his 2nd season and a 1st team all pro in his 14th.

*Stats: 1770 tackles, 36.5 sacks, 94.5 tackles for loss, 28 int, 14 ff, 16 fr, 105 pd, 2 td, 1 safety

*Big plays: Lewis still makes huge hits and plays even in his 14th season last year. The hit on Sproles, the hits on Eddie George and Bettis in the past, hit on OchoCinco last season, etc.......

He has the stats, the playoff performance, a championship, accolades, longevity, and lasting influence on the game. Any way people want to judge a player's career Lewis has exceeded the expectations.

Here's another mind numbing tid bit for you to digest..

No RB rushed for 100yrds or more on the Ray Lewis led Ravens for 51 CONSECUTIVE GAMES between 1998 through 2001. Go back and read that again... it's not a typo. 51 in a row.

Lambert pales in comparison. Lewis is virtually better in every measurable relevent to the position.

Uh huh.

Mog, I don't want to be harsh: You seem like a fine fellow, and all that, and many folks would agree with you that Lewis is the GOAT ~ and nobody in their right mind would say he isn't of the Top Tier: you didn't exactly discover the guy, you know. :eek:

In fact, one gets the idea that you've only recently got up to speed, and are trying to compensate for being late to the game with an effusive, excessive, and embarrassing show of support. :blush:

Uh huh.

Mog, I don't want to be harsh: You seem like a fine fellow, and all that, and many folks would agree with you that Lewis is the GOAT ~ and nobody in their right mind would say he isn't of the Top Tier: you didn't exactly discover the guy, you know. :eek:

In fact, one gets the idea that you've only recently got up to speed, and are trying to compensate for being late to the game with an effusive, excessive, and embarrassing show of support. :blush:

Ok... so let me get this straight...

[*]I make the statement that Lewis is the greatest MLB ever.

[*]Someone accuses me of exclaiming that without considering any of the greats from yesteryear.

[*]I make the statement that I have actually given the topic plenty of thought and analysis (because im a football nerd of the worst kind).

[*]You chime in and say my claim was ridiculous and that you would take Lambert over Lewis any day.

[*]I ask why. You dont/cant explain why.

[*]I lay out my case for Ray Lewis.

[*]You accuse me of "just discovering him"??

WTH am I missing here? Did you want to debate Lambert over Lewis, or was it actually YOU who was speaking without considering Lamberts legend might outweigh his actual performance when compared to Lewis?

BTW: thanks... you seem like a good fellow too. Even after your condescending comments. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots