PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ravens' Ray Lewis fined

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reuters - Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis has been fined $25,000 for "violations" on two separate plays against the Cincinnati Bengals, including a helmet-to-helmet hit on receiver Chad Ochocinco.
Lewis leveled "a defenseless" Ochocinco, an NFL spokesman said on Friday, and the ensuing 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty helped keep the Bengals game-winning drive alive.

The veteran linebacker was also cited for kicking one of the Bengals during a pass play.

Can't Blame the Pats for this. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ravens' Ray Lewis fined

I'll forgive him, no wait, applaud him... for the Chad Johnson hit. That guy is just a loudmouth self-important piece of garbage.

Once a thug always a thug!

that's more than he got for murdering two people

that hit cost them the game as well...

That hit was ridiculous. It seriously launched Ochocinco's helmet like 10 yards...

that's more than he got for murdering two people

yea, it's really a head-scratcher for me whenever I see fans here saying that they would love to see Lewis in a Pats uniform if the deal was right.

Really?? I can't think of any other player besides TO that it would actually pain me to see wearing a Pats uniform.....oh, I forgot LdT.

Against the Bengals it truly was a thing of beauty to see Lewis completely implode and cost his team the game. Almost as fun as Bart Scott's flag-throwing tantrum in '07.

I'll forgive him, no wait, applaud him... for the Chad Johnson hit. That guy is just a loudmouth self-important piece of garbage.

One of the biggest BB/Patriots defenders out there, I love the guy.

I do too. Even if he wasn't a Pats defender, I would love the guy. I just think he's hilarious.

Ocho's the man, don't be ripping on him. He's TO minus the pathological craziness (he's more of a good-natured crazy).

I do too. Even if he wasn't a Pats defender, I would love the guy. I just think he's hilarious.

Along with a company, he bought the remainder of the Bengals' tickets (~1200) for Sunday so the game wouldn't be blacked out. He's giving them away at the stadium on Saturday.

This is not targeted at the Lewis fines, but......

I hope the NFLPA makes sure to deal with the idiocy of all these fines when the new CBA is hashed out. Goodell hands out fines like candy on Halloween.

according to schefter
The $25,000 fine on Ray Lewis was for two acts -- kicking an opponent in 4th quarter and then on a seperate play, hitting a defenseless WR.

if a pats player had kicked someone then they wouldve gone nuts...

Last edited:

This is not targeted at the Lewis fines, but......

I hope the NFLPA makes sure to deal with the idiocy of all these fines when the new CBA is hashed out. Goodell hands out fines like candy on Halloween.

Could.Not.Agree.More

Were the NFLPA seriously interested in the product and players, this would be a major and legitimate union issue. "Would that it were. Would that it were." Heh.

Re: OT: NFL fines Ray Lewis $25,000 for hit on Ochocinco (Video)

I used to Like Lewis, but I really think the guy is going insane (must be all the head trauma...). That is a really REALLY bad cheap shot.

Re: OT: NFL fines Ray Lewis $25,000 for hit on Ochocinco (Video)

How could he even think about appealing that? HONESTLY! What a joke. He should be fined just for appealing the fine. :mad:

How could you not like Ocho? He's hilarious and his talk is all in good sport.

I think Ochocinco is a great character for the NFL/sport.

He is a bit big headed, but who isn't in sports.

I think he actually seems like a great bloke.

You should e-mail him. He'd love to know he's a " great bloke ".

I'd love to see him and Moss together on the Pats. And, the way BB operates, it could happen. Too bad Cincy is doing so well this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes