PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ravens cut Trevor Pryce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pryce has had a solid career but is he an improvement over our current DL rotation?

He is too old to improve over what we've got. However, I would not be surprised if BB brings him in to see precisely what he's still got. Think shadow roster in case our guys get injured.

According to Adam Schefter, NY Jets is bring him in, he is likely going to the be a Jet...

Last edited:
According to Adam Schefter, NY Jets is bring him in, he is likely going to the be a Jet...

When you're a Jet
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day

Whoa! Guess there's no way to get the stink offa those guys.
Apologies to Woodhead, et. al.

Last edited:
This guy can still play. Woulda helped our non-existent pass rush. Now he adds to an already stacked Jets defense.

Sometimes I don't think this team is willing to make the extra effort to win. They stick with this plan of being competitive very year. Clock is ticking on Brady and this O-line.

This guy can still play. Woulda helped our non-existent pass rush. Now he adds to an already stacked Jets defense.

Sometimes I don't think this team is willing to make the extra effort to win. They stick with this plan of being competitive very year. Clock is ticking on Brady and this O-line.

Can this guy still play? The guy hasn't done anything in three games with the Ravens this year. I don't know if he was injured or not, but he may have hit the age wall. He has played three games this year and he hasn't even recorded an assisted tackle so far.

As for him coming here, I don't think he is a good fit nor would he probably want to go to a two gap system at this point in his career. Here is Scout, Inc.'s evaluation of him:

Pryce is a 14-year veteran with diminishing skills. He continues to be an effective pass-rusher but has clearly lost quickness and burst. Pryce has great size; he can be a penetrating one-gap end or can hold the point in the run game. He is powerful with long arms and excellent hand usage. He does a good job of keeping blockers off his body and is quick to shed. Pryce is also a powerful tackler who can jolt ball carriers. As he ages, his leverage becomes more and more of a problem. Pryce shows some stiffness and, at times, his pads can get too high. Also, although he's a crafty pass-rusher, he doesn't offer much from a speed off the edge.

Trevor Pryce Scouting - Baltimore Ravens - ESPN

At best Pryce can be a situational pass rusher in an one gap defense. At worst, he is done. The fact that the Ravens released him to sign Ken Hamlin tells me they think he is done. Pryce is at an age where the age wall hits hard and fast.

Pryce might turn into a good role player for the Jets (I kinda doubt it), but he was not going to be a good fit for the Pats. Nor do I think Pryce would have ever wanted to play in a new system at this point in his career.

Last edited:
The Ravens wanted him back so they can't be too pleased with those scavenging Jets.

I would have signed him to see if he could help with the pash rush. I also would have signed him because he could provide intel on the Ravens, who the Pats play in a few weeks. That's reason enough.

Ah, well. I guess we'll have to take whatever "scrub" the Jets pass through waivers this time. Hopefully, it's someone else like Woodhead.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back