PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rashard Mendenhall has torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hurts them more than some people think.

Redman can handle the load against crappy D-lines..But look at what he did against the Pats and Baltimore.. 13 runs for 27 yards..

It will be interesting to see how Pitt uses it's running game against Denver.

Most certainly, Redman is a big drop off from Mendenhall. Furthermore, Rothlesburger's is far from 100% so I could have envisioned the Steelers giving it to Mendenhall 20+ times. Don't see that with Redman.

Interesting how the Steelers, this board's choice for the most complete team in the NFL, are now without their primary rusher, and their QB is hobbling. Does that mean there are now officially NO remotely complete teams in competition?

But honestly, I've never thought Mendenhall was anything special. Seems like a solid, workmanlike RB who does the job but doesn't particularly scare the defense -- like a BJGE without the fumbleproof fingers.

Ben R.'s ankle has to come around by next week. It's been a month already

Pitt is liming into the playoffs bad..may be a good thing if houston beats cincy

If Denver has any brains at all they go back to the option against the Steelers. It's their best chance to beat the Steelers.

If Denver has any brains at all they go back to the option against the Steelers. It's their best chance to beat the Steelers.

Denver clearly has no brains at all. They went with a guy who cannot throw a football as their starting quarterback.

Denver clearly has no brains at all. They went with a guy who cannot throw a football as their starting quarterback.

I think that Tebow proved that he can throw a football against the Pats.. Saying otherwise just shows your unwillingness to admit it. The issue with Tebow is that he has issues if you take away his ability to run.. That just confuses him..

that's their only chance..that and running for over 200 yards

One the one hand, he is nothing special. On the other, he is a player that has hit some big runs in his career, which Redman is likely unable to duplicate.

I think that Tebow proved that he can throw a football against the Pats.. Saying otherwise just shows your unwillingness to admit it. The issue with Tebow is that he has issues if you take away his ability to run.. That just confuses him..

Um no I will very willingly admit Tebow is not an NFL QB. He completed less than half his attempts this season. 46% comp. rate. Know how many QB's over the last 10 years have had a worse completion rate? I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with Beer-Oh. Gotta agree with Stephen A. Smith on this one. Tebow can't throw a ball to save his life. Worse odds than Red/Black on a roulette wheel.

Hopefully this fine young tweeter still has full use of his thumbs:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

"“It’s amazing how people can HATE a man [Osama Bin Laden] they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side…”

""Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel each other."

"Its modern day slavery [the NFL], ya know"

By the way, I was in the minority actually rooting for Pitt. They always beat Baltimore in the playoffs. I figured they can do the dirty work for the Pats.

Also, this would only work if the Bungles beat the Texans, I understand.

His back up Redman has proven he is more than capable to handle a load. It hurts them a little but it is not devastating. I'd be more worried about the hobbling QB if I were them.
While I agree he did loose two fumbles yesterday

The team that scares me the most in the AFC is the Steelers. Very good team with a lot of experience in big games. Plus they already beat us this year.

Hopefully this fine young tweeter still has full use of his thumbs:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."

"“It’s amazing how people can HATE a man [Osama Bin Laden] they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side…”

""Anyone with knowledge of the slave trade and the NFL could say that these two parallel each other."

"Its modern day slavery [the NFL], ya know"

By the way, I was in the minority actually rooting for Pitt. They always beat Baltimore in the playoffs. I figured they can do the dirty work for the Pats.

Also, this would only work if the Bungles beat the Texans, I understand.
Yeah he's not exactly the brightest bulb

I think a lot of what Denver has done over the past few weeks has been about preserving McGahee for the playoffs. Very nearly cost them the playoffs, but they really need him to be fresh, and it was #4 seed or bust pretty much no matter what they did

Ben R.'s ankle has to come around by next week. It's been a month already

It's hard for it to heal when he keeps getting it shot up with pain killers and practicing/playing on it. Even dressing as the 3rd QB didn't help any. He should have been having it treated and kept the weight off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes