PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Randall Cunningham's 2-year-old son dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Boy Drowns At Vegas Home Of NFL Great Cunningham - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

I hope the title of this thread isn't misleading, because the headline on the story says only that a boy died at Cunningham's house. However, in the story it says:

While the police said they cannot confirm who owns the home, Clark County property records show the home is owned by former National Football League star Randall Cunningham. The records also show the house has a pool.

Police declined to release the child's identity, but confirmed that the boy was the son of the property owner.

So I would take that to mean the boy was Cunningham's son. Either way it's very bad news. :(

That's Sam Bam Cunningham's nephew, btw. Sam Bam Cunningham is this year's inductee into The Patriots Hall of Fame. Randall Cunningham is the younger brother of Sam, making the boy Sam's nephew. Sam's induction into The Hall (at Patriot Place, presented by Reytheon) the day of the 1st home preseason game in Foxboro will be bittersweet because of today's news. Condolences all around.

ima even give some from you, Konta, if that's okay with you.

(btw,"True Believer" sounds like a YES lyric, but ima prolly way off 'bout that, huh?)

Damn...damn...damn. Worst news anyone can hear.

I feel sorry for the Cunningham family.

Boy Drowns At Vegas Home Of NFL Great Cunningham - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

I hope the title of this thread isn't misleading, because the headline on the story says only that a boy died at Cunningham's house. However, in the story it says:

So I would take that to mean the boy was Cunningham's son. Either way it's very bad news. :(

Feels like a kick in the gut every time I read about one of these incidents... here in RI there have been two similar tragedies in 2 days... 2 kids, found at the bottom of two different pools... in one case with multiple adults there too, which is when ironically things can be more dangerous, because all the adults think that the other one is watching until it's too late.

Sad............

Randall Cunningham was a true pioneer as an African American at the QB position, succeeding Jaws in 1986/87. It's not all that long ago, but he faced considerable bias and stereotyping at the time. He led the Eagles to the Playoffs four times and took the Vikings to the Playoffs another time. He went to the Pro Bowl four times and was first team All Pro once.

He was definitely a player whom BB would regard as a "character" guy. I wasn't aware of his relationship to Sam Cunningham until I read this thread, but it suggests that that is one fine family.

Condolences to him and his family.

Why must bad things happen to good people?

Last edited:
Seriously, who leaves a 2-year-old alone in the bathtub?

Seriously, who leaves a 2-year-old alone in the bathtub?

As a parent of young kids, who shuddered when he read that, I'm going to wait until I hear the facts. Agreed. In my house, we had a clear rule for ourselves and any caregivers when my guys were that young, "They are never alone in the bathtub, even for ten seconds." But, I can also remember all the areas where we didn't do everything 100% right, so I'm waiting to hear the facts.

Very tragic and sad story .... RIP Christian.

He drowned in the hot tub that was outside.

He was in the care of a family friend and the housekeeper.

alg_cunningham.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-30-hot-tub-safety_N.htm

Last edited:
That's Sam Bam Cunningham's nephew, btw. Sam Bam Cunningham is this year's inductee into The Patriots Hall of Fame. Randall Cunningham is the younger brother of Sam, making the boy Sam's nephew. Sam's induction into The Hall (at Patriot Place, presented by Reytheon) the day of the 1st home preseason game in Foxboro will be bittersweet because of today's news. Condolences all around.

I'll be danged - I never knew that. It never even occurred to me those two might be related. That will definitely put a whole new perspective on the ceremony. :(

(btw,"True Believer" sounds like a YES lyric, but ima prolly way off 'bout that, huh?)

Actually Yes is one of my favorite bands, but that's not where my handle comes from. I'll send you the fascinating :rolleyes: story in a PM if you want.

I'll be danged - I never knew that. It never even occurred to me those two might be related. That will definitely put a whole new perspective on the ceremony. :(

Actually Yes is one of my favorite bands, but that's not where my handle comes from. I'll send you the fascinating :rolleyes: story in a PM if you want.

Yeah, years ago I heard Sam was Randall's older brother. I Wikki'd 'em this morning to learn Sam is a whole 12 years older. Wow, that's a lot.

And YES, I'd love to hear your fascinating story. That's what I'm here for. For stories. Pats related, and all the other wacky adventures my fellow Pats freaks have happen to them.
P.M. me (sometime ima finally figure out how to work all the contraptions Ian gives us all on our personal home pages. I haven't even added anything over there yet.) If anyone wants to know about me, my main deal is at w w w. you tube . com. user/pewsterbaby (I made spaces 'cause on some sites, you gotta disguise addresses or they'll not go through.)
And yeah, my profile reads all ridiculously bombastic and self-serving, but it it's all true, technically.
And Pats Fans and You Tube are the only places I have accounts. Rock & The Patriots are my 2 great passions, I 'spose you could say. I come over here numerous times a day to see who's sayin' what. 'Specially Kontra. I mean, I don't associate with many people at all online. You guys and my You Tube reader following is mostly it.
So... yeah. Tell me that fascinatin' story, please. Out here or in a PM. ima like it, I betcha.
btw, I just told a longwinded wacky one on page 3 of the Chris Simms thread.

(I kinda do it all to sometime eventually win Kontradiction's approval. He seems to be top dog 'round here. You know, breaking down stuff six ways to Sunday for all the rest of us. Gez, what a footbawl mastermind. I like guys who type lots like he does. Ges, can't ya tell? And his pic totally kills me. It goes so well with his image. It's like he's got Biggie Smalls looking to the side with a "Okay felllas, here's the lowdown on the whole thing..." Classic. That's a quality online identity.)

"Whatchoo Talkin' 'Bout, Kontradicton?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing