PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders trade Bobby Hamilton to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hamilton has gone Cryogenic I see....Hamilton is a great NFL success story...a FA as a rookie who made himself a nice career.

Hamilton has to be damn near 40. Seems like he's been around forever.

MrTibbs said:

35. This is his 12th year in the league.

MrTibbs said:

But those who sign Junior Seau can't throw stones. :)

Looks like Mangini is trying to take Romeo's approach of gathering some high-character veterans he has a good relationship with to help start the team off on the right foot. Fair enough.

patchick said:

Looks like Mangini is trying to take Romeo's approach of gathering some high-character veterans he has a good relationship with to help start the team off on the right foot. Fair enough.

Yes. Romeo. How'd that work out? j/k (kinda).

I always liked Hamilton. He was very underated on the Pats. He has always been one of those guys who winds up on the Jets or Pats. Hamilton, Jets-Pats, and now Jets again. O-T-I-S was like that too, Jets-Pats-Jets-Pats. I think Anthony Pleasant played for the Pats as Jets, as well as the laughable Steve Martin. Obviously Curtis Martin too.

patchick said:

He is younger than Seau but was never a 12 time Pro Bowler, so assuming they are both X percent of their former selves I'd definitely rather have old Seau than old Bobby.

Does his pace maker come with the deal? Joking aside I always wish ex-Patriot good guy's well unless they are playing us ofcourse. He can still help a team if he is used in the correct scheme etc.

patchick said:

and Tuner, and Belichick to a degree...

You've got to give Man-boy-gini some cred, he's really been working the phones to try and re-create his team.

He has another teacher for the locker room, the most important thing he can do for his team is provide players who know what it takes to win, and who know how to play their position. Good pick-up.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
You've got to give Man-boy-gini some cred, he's really been working the phones to try and re-create his team.

Crazy!.The great thing is with the motor that Bobby Hamilton has.He will be a good addition for the Jets.Mangini is doing a nice job adding some depth to that roster.I do think the Jets will do noticably better if they can keep pennington healthy and establish a running game.I guess the Afc East rivals are tired of us kicking their ass's.LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes