PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders just lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiders run defense looks like it hasn't improved much at all despite the preseason reports to the contrary. Allowing 249 yards rushing and about 7 yards per rush attempt at home is not likely going to get your team eight wins by the end of the season.

Great point!! I was REALLY worried about that Front 7, but today's demolition is very encouraging. :rocker:

When a team starts the season 0-4 (Panthers) or 1-3 (Raiders), unless you a missing a couple of key players, like your starting QB for example, it's extremely unlikely you have any shot at anything better than 8-8. It's not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Both picks: Raiders 1st, Panthers 2nd are looking very tasty indeed.......

Yeah will be able to trade those pics for 2 three's ... and draft some project pass rusher like Jermanine Cunningham....:rolleyes:

bilde

Yeah will be able to trade those pics for 2 three's ... and draft some project pass rusher like Jermanine Cunningham....:rolleyes:

Not this time! There will be (I hope) a rookie salary cap and there will be less motivation to trade down. I suspect that Bill will only trade down far enough (a few picks maybe) to get an impact player. I suspect it will be a pass-rushing DE or LB. Or (dare I say it) a shutdown corner (can you imagine what the draftnics and Felger would do with that move)!

Please please please Bill do not use the pick for an offensive player and especially a RB; you have a bad track record on that side of the ball.

Contrary to popular belief, the Pats have actually had ten first round draft picks in ten years. . .

Contrary to popular belief, the Pats have actually had ten first round draft picks in ten years. . .

eh haters gonna hate not matter what facts you tell them

Not this time! There will be (I hope) a rookie salary cap and there will be less motivation to trade down. I suspect that Bill will only trade down far enough (a few picks maybe) to get an impact player. I suspect it will be a pass-rushing DE or LB. Or (dare I say it) a shutdown corner (can you imagine what the draftnics and Felger would do with that move)!

Please please please Bill do not use the pick for an offensive player and especially a RB; you have a bad track record on that side of the ball.

ahem.........

bilde

The Raiders have to play the Chargers and the Chiefs twice! With their schedule I could easily see the Raiders going 4-12 this season. That would also result in a top 10 pick for the Pats.

Last edited:
The Raiders have to play the Chargers and the Chiefs twice! With their schedule I could easily see the Raiders going 4-12 this season. That would also result in a top 10 pick for the Pats.

To me, that is a given. Rather than look at the schedule I ask myself "is there more than 9 teams the raiders are BETTER than"..

P.S : Is this supposed to be a strong draft like last year?

Seymour looked like his old self today,quick off the snap but unfortunately for him he has no playmakers to help win

BB will do what he always does. Trade down for value and further strengthening his draft position by accumulating future picks.

I hope we're able to pick up some immediate impact players on both sides of the ball in either free agency or the draft.

To me, that is a given. Rather than look at the schedule I ask myself "is there more than 9 teams the raiders are BETTER than"..

P.S : Is this supposed to be a strong draft like last year?

contrary to early reports, it's supposed to be very deep.

BB will do what he always does. Trade down for value and further strengthening his draft position by accumulating future picks.

I hope we're able to pick up some immediate impact players on both sides of the ball in either free agency or the draft.

Not if there is a rookie scale, he won't.

Last Week...

1 ~ Panthers 0-3 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule
1 ~ Browns 0-3 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule
3 ~ Lions 0-3 ~ 5-3 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Beefaloes 0-3 ~ 7-2 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Miners 0-3 ~ 7-2 Strength of Schedule
6 ~ Jaguars 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
7 ~ Giants 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
8 ~ Redskins 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
9 ~ Rams 1-2 ~ 4-5 Strength of Schedule
10 ~ Vikings 1-2 ~ 4-4 Strength of Schedule
11 ~ Broncos 1-2 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule ~ 0-2 Divisional
12 ~ Raiders 1-2 ~ 5-4 Strength of Schedule ~ 0-1 Divisional
13 ~ Cowboys 1-2 ~ 5-3 Strength of Scheulde
14 ~ Chargers 1-2 ~ 6-3 Strength of Schedule

Correct me if I'm wrong, gentlemen...

But I believe, as it currently stands, we stand to pick up:

#12 + #33 or #34, depending on the Coin Flip.

Our 2011 Draft had an AMAZING week!! :D

Current Standings!!

1 ~ Panthers 0-4 ~ 8-7 Strength of Schedule
2 ~ Lions 0-4 ~ 9-6 Strength of Schedule
3 ~ Beefaloes 0-4 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Miners 0-4 ~ 11-4 Strength of Schedule
5 ~ Raiders 1-3 ~ 9-7 Strength of Schedule
6 ~ Browns 1-3 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule

I believe, as it currently stands, we stand to pick up:

#5 + #33 :rocker:

mr_burns.gif

Our 2011 Draft had an AMAZING week!! :D

Current Standings!!

1 ~ Panthers 0-4 ~ 8-7 Strength of Schedule
2 ~ Lions 0-4 ~ 9-6 Strength of Schedule
3 ~ Beefaloes 0-4 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule
4 ~ Miners 0-4 ~ 11-4 Strength of Schedule
5 ~ Raiders 1-3 ~ 9-7 Strength of Schedule
6 ~ Browns 1-3 ~ 10-4 Strength of Schedule

I believe, as it currently stands, we stand to pick up:

#5 + #33 :rocker:

mr_burns.gif

shhhhh..... don't let goodell know. he'll fix that in a jiffy.

Not if there is a rookie scale, he won't.
I disagree. He'll keep maneuvering and accumulating to ensure he can do what he wants in the future.

I disagree. He'll keep maneuvering and accumulating to ensure he can do what he wants in the future.

Its going to be interesting to see if there is a rookie scale put in place, what the patriots will do. Because now, a top 5 pick will be at a premium and teams won't worry about the large price tag that comes with it.. IN theory, the picks will be worth more than previous years..

But after missing the boat on a Clay Mathews and a few other picks I hope we go for a game changing player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back