Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Program Alert

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Nov 29, 2006.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Right now, 8-9 PM EST, on the Discovery Channel:

Extreme Engineering: Construction of the new Arizona Cardinal's football stadium.

Looks interesting.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

If thats the show I watched (which I believe was on Discovery a while back) it is well done and pretty funny at times (the host is afraid of heights).
  3. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yes, it's almost annoying how afraid of just walking around on the roof he is.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

my mommy used to work at the discovery channel no more then half a year ago. :)
  5. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It is one helluva stadium. Unfortunately they don't have a team worth watching.
  6. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

They said the roof material (except for the support beams, etc.), was actually a fabric, "no thicker than your jeans". You could see it give when they walked on it. So because of that, and with the very light color, it shouldn't have reflected too badly.

I missed the beginning and ending of the show. Those that saw those parts, why did they decide to put the field on railroad tracks, and do they actually move it in and out of the stadium, or was that just for initial construction? :confused: And then there was the Japanese soccer stadium that "floats" in 10 inches off the ground (hovercraft - like?).

It was a pretty neat show, and gives you a lot of appreciation for the highly skilled contractors and workmen that do this type of work (and bridges, buildings also) and the dangers they face on the job.