OT: Pragram Alert / Superbowl 36 On NFL Network 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunsOutGunsOut

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Rams vs Patriots .. Right Now

I've watched that pragram many times.

If you want to watch with an eye toward conspiracies, watch how little motion or audibling there is in the Ram offense.

Warner takes all but a handful of snaps under center and does none of the pre-snap directing that you see out of Manning or Brady. That is, coming out from under center or stepping forward from the shotgun and making calls to the o-line or moving the backs and/or receivers around.

Occasionally, Warner would motion for the TE to move from one side of the line to the other, but the Rams just lined up and ran their offense, for the most part.

I bring this up because of the discredited but persistent rumors that the Patriots knew the Rams plays. There didn't appear to be any audibles or unusual formations that would have tipped them off.

Watching this for a few minutes and it puts a smile on my face thinking this game made Marshall Faulk a bitter, little ***** :D

Also makes me think of working the morning after (forgot to book it off) and my boss asked me if I was still drunk, my response, "a little bit" :D

" Chea-tri-ots, my lord, Chea-tri-ots..." :rolleyes:

Are they trying to put stuff on that Patriot fans will watch? Are they seeing a drop in ratings in the NE area? Makes you wonder.

Watched the second half and made sure to force my girlfriend to pay attention to the final drive as "the prime example of clutch quarterback play."

I was only 6 years old when this game was played, so it's interesting to see how much the game/world has changed over a relatively short time period. Those pseudo-high tech sounds that play on the FOX scoreboard when someone scores, or the ridiculous-looking cameras held by the media during celebrations, and even just how it appears that players wore bigger shoulder pads and longer sleeves.

Not to mention all those penalties that would have been called nowadays against our secondary. Imagine if we played that kind of defense against 2012 Joe Flacco.

@Elijah brings up a couple of good topics:

That Super Bowl was the first one my wife and hosted as a married couple in our own house. We were married in July and moved into the house in October. The Patriots winning the game made it more special, but it was the start of a new tradition of hosting a Super Bowl party for friends and family. We've done it every year since then. After the nonsense with the Wells report and the penalties, I've given serious thought to discontinuing that tradition.

On the game itself, I didn't think the defensive back play by the Patriots was that egregious. It was more physical than what defenders are allowed to do now, but that's not saying a lot. You listen to some people and you'd think Ty Law and Otis Smith were blatantly tackling guys when they were running their patterns or before the ball arrived when that wasn't the case at all. The Patriots took the same approach as the Giants did with the Bills in SB25: Make the receivers pay when they caught the ball, to the point where they are more concerned with being tackled than making the catch. I don't think I've heard anyone ever complain that the Giants got away with anything in that game.

Its very obvious super bowl 42 was a much worse beat for New England than SB 36 was for the Rams. Our squad gets back to the game 4 years later and loses, then another 3 years later and wins, while wining 12-14 games a year in between. The Rams take a bad beat in the big game and go into mass dysfunction and retire to cry for the rest of their lives about it. How you respond to losses in big games is very telling. Do you fight to get back or do you spend the rest of your days pimping conspiracy theories?

If you want to watch with an eye toward conspiracies, watch how little motion or audibling there is in the Ram offense.

Warner takes all but a handful of snaps under center and does none of the pre-snap directing that you see out of Manning or Brady. That is, coming out from under center or stepping forward from the shotgun and making calls to the o-line or moving the backs and/or receivers around.

Occasionally, Warner would motion for the TE to move from one side of the line to the other, but the Rams just lined up and ran their offense, for the most part.

I bring this up because of the discredited but persistent rumors that the Patriots knew the Rams plays. There didn't appear to be any audibles or unusual formations that would have tipped them off.

http://www.nepatriotslife.com/2013/01/willie-mcginest-and-matt-light-hit-back.html

Kind of amazing how simple outcomes can be determined. We forced 3 turnovers which led directly to our first 17 points. We didn't turn the ball over. The Rams OL struggled until our DL got gassed. Warner did play with an injured thumb. We hit em every chance we got.

I thought of the Raisins(Ravens) when the Rams ran two un-balanced lines. The on-field mic picked up someone on our defense yelling un-balanced. Marshall did get 2 yards and a first down. Certainly, not confused by anything. The next time they ran it, instead of running to the strong side. They ran him back to the weak side. He picked up about 5 yards. I'd bet Martz was expecting more.

I was in a bar at Sun Peaks ski resort in British Columbia. surrounded by Rams fans. That was one sweet Super Bowl victory. I screamed my lungs out cheering for the Pats.

Game wouldn't even have been close if we hadn't been flagged for holding on the Tebucky Jones fumble recovery he ran back for a TD.

caught the end of this yesterday, notice Kraft has been rockin that blue shirt white collar look for 15 years now. who the hell does he think he is, Don Cherry?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back