PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Power rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not that i really care..but who do some rankings have the broncos before the pats? Didn't we mostly destroy them in that game? I really just think it's the medias love affair with manning but who knows

Yesterday i was watching ESPN and one of the "experts" said that the Broncos are the best team in the AFC and I HAVEN'T WATCHED ESPN SINCE

Sando:

Broncos #5
Patriots #10

In general I find that

• Power rankings are an over-reaction, giving far too much weight to the last game and not enough to the entire body of work of the full season
  • There's too much superficial viewing of the final score - sort of the college football way of looking for style points rather than a win
  • There are too many writers attempting to stir the pot with at least one off the wall ranking

They're fun to look at as a launching pad for discussion to pass the time until the next game. Beyond that they're meaningless.

The Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers don't own the top spots in our latest rankings.

But there's no denying they're the hottest teams in football heading into Thanksgiving
These guys must be setting some all time records considering the Pats are averaging 47ppg in their last 3.

Here's a compilation of where the Patriots ranked this week

Colin Cowherd: #1 (AFC: #1)
Covers: #1 (AFC: #1)
WalterFootball: #3 (AFC: #2)
USAToday: #4 (AFC: #2)
PFW: #5 (AFC: #2)
CBS: #5 (AFC: #2)
NFL: #6 (AFC: #3)
FOXSports: #6 (AFC: #3)
ESPN: #8 (AFC: #4)

The Broncos are #3 in total offense and #6 in total defense. Peyton has been improving all year and is playing much better than he did in the Pats game early in the season. He'd win the MVP if the season ended today. And they have a cupcake schedule going forward.

It's not at all unreasonable to put the Broncos ahead of the Pats right now. Personally I think they are very close. Putting either ahead of the other wouldn't upset me too much.

Not that i really care..but who do some rankings have the broncos before the pats? Didn't we mostly destroy them in that game? I really just think it's the medias love affair with manning but who knows

Most people are morons. :cool:

The Broncos are #3 in total offense and #6 in total defense. Peyton has been improving all year and is playing much better than he did in the Pats game early in the season. He'd win the MVP if the season ended today. And they have a cupcake schedule going forward.

It's not at all unreasonable to put the Broncos ahead of the Pats right now. Personally I think they are very close. Putting either ahead of the other wouldn't upset me too much.
The Patriots beat the crap out of the Denver Mannings earlier in the season. It's not unreasonable to put the Patriots ahead of the Mannings either.

FWIW, I'd have the Patriots anywhere between 3rd to 6th juggling rankings.

I just don't get the consensus view that Manning is the MVP so far this year. Is he playing excellent? yes. Does he have one of the best Def in the league? yes.

Other QBs in the league have to truly carry their team or they would be nowhere. GB, NE and NO would be at the bottom of the league without their respective QBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back