PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Plummer all but done in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2456020

Funny that the date of the incident was 4/20, but I figured all that cheeba would mellow out ol' Jake.

I wonder if this led to the eventual selection of Cutler, or maybe he had just learned about it from Shanahan? Either way he's outta Denver after 06.

I swear if we don't beat this punk and his gang in September there is no justice in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plummer will be their QB in 2006, they won't turn their SB contender over to a rookie QB.

richpats said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2456020

Funny that the date of the incident was 4/20, but I figured all that cheeba would mellow out ol' Jake.

I wonder if this led to the eventual selection of Cutler, or maybe he had just learned about it from Shanahan? Either way he's outta Denver after 06.

I swear if we don't beat this punk and his gang in September there is no justice in this world.

Not sure I understand the connection between weed and this incident.

SoonerPatriot said:
Not sure I understand the connection between weed and this incident.

Ya know the whole '4:20' thing with potheads, correct? Well, '4/20' is like Christmas to potheads (or so I hear).

I figure Plummer would be blazed, especially living in Denver (they basically legalized possession not long ago).

Last edited:
Denver should have taken Maroney or Wimbley, either would have made an impact for 2006. Taking Cutler in the 1st sets them back and causes controversy. If Rivers can avoid costly turnovers, I expect the Chargers to run away with the AFC West in 2006.

The only part I found interesting was that he owned a HONDA.. I would have thought something a little more expensive..

mcsully said:
The only part I found interesting was that he owned a HONDA.. I would have thought something a little more expensive..

It's actually a Honda Element, which doesn't surprise me.

Plummer isn't done in Denver just yet.

Shanahan will let Culter sit and lean for a year or two and If Plummer doesn't get a Ring for the Broncos by then, he's done!

richpats said:
It's actually a Honda Element, which doesn't surprise me.

What is that a nature vehicle?

The report said Plummer's car had $200 to $300 in damage and Stone's pickup had about $25 damage to its front license plate holder.
Poor Jake.... same thing happened to me. I hit my girlfriend's Honda with my Cutlass Supreme. $25 damage to my Olds, and $400 in body damage to her Honda. Swear to god.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Poor Jake.... same thing happened to me. I hit my girlfriend's Honda with my Cutlass Supreme. $25 damage to my Olds, and $400 in body damage to her Honda. Swear to god.

Does your wife know about this? :eek:

Bill's Girl said:
Does your wife know about this?
Ha-ha! ;) She does. It's one of the few ex-girlfriend stories she doesn't mind. ;) 'Course what I failed to mention was that this was.... :eek: :eek: almost 20 years ago. Sudenly I feel old.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ha-ha! ;) She does. It's one of the few ex-girlfriend stories she doesn't mind. ;) 'Course what I failed to mention was that this was.... :eek: almost 20 years ago. Sudenly I feel old.

I couldn't resist that one! Don't feel too old, I was only 12 when you had that accident. ;)

Bill's Girl said:
I couldn't resist that one! Don't feel too old, I was only 12 when you had that accident. ;)
BG, you promised to stop teasing the old dogs! :nono:

Box_O_Rocks said:
BG, you promised to stop teasing the old dogs! :nono:

I did? :eek: Keep in mind boys that my favorite guy is 54.......you are both younger than him! No old dogs here! :p

Bill's Girl said:
I did? :eek: Keep in mind boys that my favorite guy is 54.......you are both younger than him! No old dogs here! :p
Harumph! Age is as much a factor of mileage as time. :bricks:

Bill's Girl said:
I said almost. ALMOST damnit. (And at the time, 15 yr olds could drive in Maine!!.... 'course, I wasn't 15 at the time, but close damnit!!!)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I said almost. ALMOST damnit. (And at the time, 15 yr olds could drive in Maine!!.... 'course, I wasn't 15 at the time, but close damnit!!!)
Easy Gramps, have you been forgetting your glaucoma treatments again? :p

Maybe Plummer thought Jay Cutler was in the vehicle behind him :)

Box_O_Rocks said:
Easy Gramps, have you been forgetting your glaucoma treatments again? :p
Yeah.. gotta wait for kids to be in bed. But good news.... got a full physical done, doc says everything came back even better than the last one, and added I have absolutely no signs of glaucoma whatsoever. And you all laughed at my prophylactic treatment! Harumph! It's genetic, you know. I'm just fighting the clock, and Big Mother Nature was kind enough to provide me with a way... all natural, no less. The doc isn't happy, but supportive of my efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes