PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Please say a prayer for Kevin Everett [Update: likely paralyzed for life]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Please say a prayer for Kevin Everett

CBS just reported that he is still in surgery and there probably won't be any more news on it tonight...

...and his family also. Amen.

This was from an AP report on ESPN...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012007

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Kevin Everett was in a hospital under observation for a cervical spinal injury after the Buffalo Bills tight end was knocked cold and taken off the field in an ambulance Sunday.

Coach **** Jauron provided no further update on Everett's status following the Bills 15-14 season-opening loss to Denver. And Jauron wouldn't say whether the player regained consciousness on the field or en route to the hospital.

Everett fell immediately to the ground and showed no signs of consciousness after a helmet-to-helmet hit when he tackled Denver's Domenik Hixon during a kickoff to open the second half. Everett was placed on a backboard with his head and body immobilized, and carefully loaded into an ambulance at the Broncos 30.

The game was delayed for about 15 minutes, and the Bills gathered at the sideline while doctors attended to the player.

Incredibly sad...it happens every few years...an injury like this and a stadium of fans yelling goes silent for 15-20 minutes..it's eerie and sad...Prayers go out for a quick recovery...

This just reminds us how dangerous this game can be. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Good Luck and Godspeed.

My prayers are with him and his family.

Damn. My thoughts and prayers to him and his loved ones, here's hoping he recovers.

Prayers and thoughts to Everett and family.

Wow, I just heard about this. My prayers to Everett and his family. :(

All the good thoughts I can muster in his direction.

Our thoughts are with Everett and his family.

My prayers go out to ya Kevin.

UPDATE:

Bob Costas just reported that Kevin is out of surgery and is in intensive care. It'll be 12-24 hours before they have a prognosis.

Hang in there Kevin!

Amen.That was so scary to watch.He will be kept in my prayers..

UPDATE:

Bob Costas just reported that Kevin is out of surgery and is in intensive care. It'll be 12-24 hours before they have a prognosis.

Hang in there Kevin!

Let's hope for the best.

An awful high price to pay for playing the game.
My best to him in this hour.

UPDATE:

Hang in there Kevin!

I heard the same thing. I ho[pe he has a good, normal life ahead of him.

I saw the play I hope that he comes back.God Bless him

When something like this happens it puts sports and entertainment into perspective. The latest reports (via Mortensen) are that Everett has "incomplete paralysis". I am no doctor but I think that is something to be hopeful about - I pray that he is able to make a full recovery and regain full control of his body.

When something like this happens it puts sports and entertainment into perspective. The latest reports (via Mortensen) are that Everett has "incomplete paralysis". I am no doctor but I think that is something to be hopeful about - I pray that he is able to make a full recovery and regain full control of his body.

I take Mortensen's report with a grain of salt because they said they couldn't make a prognosis for 12-24 hours....

My thoughts and prayers go out to Everett,and his family.

I had worked in the medical realm, including a unite that dealt with head and spinal injuries and have never heard of "incomplete paralysis" The surgery was probably to relieve pressure on the spinal cord do to a fracture,or ruptured disk putting pressure on the cord. At any rate theres swelling, caused by cerebral spinal fluid. The 12-24 hour wait is to see if and when the swelling goes done if there is any permanent damage. Part of the operation is to relieve that swelling thats cutting off neural transmisions from the brain to the extreameties

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back