PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Players you wish stayed in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Being a huge Longhorns fan, it's no doubt that it would have been a pleasure had Vince Young stayed for his senior season. I can't blame him for leaving and I think he made the right decision. I just can't help but wonder what might have been.

Texas is fast and deep on the offensive side. With Young, this could have been one of the best offenses in a long time. His Rose Bowl domination is being mentioned as the greatest single game performance in college football history. With what definately would have been a great senior season, you could have debated him being the greatest college player ever.

I also wonder what could have been if Randy Moss had stayed for his final two seasons. Michael Vick as well.

As for a player I wish would have stayed for his own good: Texas A&M FB Jamaar Toombs. I loved watching him play. (yes, a Texas fan rooting for an Aggie) He was just one of far too many players that got bad advice, left college early, didn't get drafted and never had a career higher than Arena football. It's sad.

Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams

Ryan Leaf,Major Applewhite,Tim Couch...god..notice a pattern of quarterbacks here?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes