PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pierre-Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: OT: Pierre-Paul

I think you guys got off my point I was trying to make.
If we had Pierre, out pass rush would be much better which is our biggest weakness.

Watching him last night I was impressed.

P.S. Cam did not look too bad for the Panthers. Only time will tell how good he will be.
At leave I won't have to watch them lose 17-3 every week.

I wish we drafted Mark Anderson. That guy was everywhere near the QB during his 15 snaps in his preseason game.

....wait, we got him, and without using a pick!?

I think you guys got off my point I was trying to make.
If we had Pierre, out pass rush would be much better which is our biggest weakness.

Watching him last night I was impressed.

P.S. Cam did not look too bad for the Panthers. Only time will tell how good he will be.
At leave I won't have to watch them lose 17-3 every week.

I don't think you get others are making: we got a much bigger impact with the guys we got than we would have by picking JPP. Impact is what wins games, pass rush is part of impact but so an excellent corner and tight ends.

I was told right before the 2010 draft that the Pats liked Ryan Matthews, Spiller, and Pierre Paul....all gone before the Pats picked(if memory serves me correctly). My gut tells me Matthews was the target but San Diego made a huge jump up for him. At DB, I was told they liked the kid from Fla St (name escapes me). Obviously they like McCourty better, but if Matthews, Spiller, or JPP were still available, my guess was they felt McCourty would be gone by their second pick.
Can't complain with McCourty's year vs JPP(a non factor)

Patrick Robinson Fla St. 2010 1st round pick (32nd)

One and done two years in a row after good-to-amazing regular seasons and you don't think that some sort of switch turned off in the playoffs?

It's called "transition", genius!!
jester.gif

Joe Montana's San Fransisco Miners PlayOff Record

1985 ~ One + Done.
1986 ~ One + Done.
1987 ~ One + Done.

And they were barely ever heard from, again!! :rofl:

"Elijah", Ladies and Gentlemen!!
jester.gif

op got crushed!

So Pierre-Paul had a great game in a meaningless game and the Pats should have not only given up McCourty, but used other picks to trade up to get Pierre-Paul. So the Pats would have probably had to pass on McCourty and Gronkowski for Pierre-Paul. I think the Pats made the right move.

You can't be serious. How many of the SB-winning players are on the team now, and are as good as they were in their prime? Brady is all that comes to mind. One and done two years in a row after good-to-amazing regular seasons and you don't think that some sort of switch turned off in the playoffs?

People forget that last year was a rebuilding year, ie they outperformed expectations this year the rebuilt team will come into it's own, that is the reason for the moves in FA to put this team over the top.

The Jets and others should have taken advantage last year now the window is closed.

The title of this thread is SUPER misleading. I interpreted it to mean something totally different.

If you watch a BB defense, probably will never see a guy who is "everywhere" and is "unblockable".. in this d you have a job, and are expected to do it.. in this d 11 guys do their job, not one.

Not sure the weakness you speak of was all that apparent Thursday Night.. not sure I would change last years draft for anyone short of another LT...

Lawrence Taylor was everywhere and unblockable.

People forget that last year was a rebuilding year

People make up stuff, like that last year was a rebuilding year.

BB has stated many times that the best way to win the superbowl is to make the playoffs every year, and to never have the sorts of down periods (IE, Rebuilding years) that teams that manage the cap poorly have to have. The idea that last year was a rebuilding year is ludicrous.

People make up stuff, like that last year was a rebuilding year.

BB has stated many times that the best way to win the superbowl is to make the playoffs every year, and to never have the sorts of down periods (IE, Rebuilding years) that teams that manage the cap poorly have to have. The idea that last year was a rebuilding year is ludicrous.

Of course its not ludicrous.

Just because Belichick tells us that his team is 100% focused on winning a SB every year (and they should be) and that every year offers an equal shot (it doesn't) there is no need to take it so literally.

You've seen the way he talks up weak future opponents, right?

When Belichick talks to the press he is often projecting a message to his team.

Relatively speaking last year was a rebuilding year - there was a hell of a lot of youth injected into the defensive unit in one hit - and at times, it showed.

We've had to move on from guys like Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Warren, Vrabel - in the last couple of years - thats is ALOT of veteran talent to leave in such a short period of time.

Just because Belichick has done such a masterful job of winning whilst in 'rebuild' mode - doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Speaking of the giants, watching Eli Manning now ticks me off!!!:mad:That superbowl could be his one shining moment.I hope this team wins one just to erase that.:(

Let's not go nuts. He had two sacks in that pre-season game, but it's Carolina. I watched, and Clausen was running around back there like a fool. Both what you'd call coverage sacks. Pierre-Paul was blocked okay, but then Clausen scrambled right towards him.

I'd take McCourty over Pierre-Paul straight up any day, and so would just about anyone else. Never mind that McCourty was drafted 12 picks lower in the first round, so it would have cost at least a second round pick in addition to the pick used for McCourty to move up far enough to get Pierre-Paul.

Last edited:
Don't get my wrong, I think he's gonna be a beast in this league, but this is preseason, and he's playing against the worst team in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back