PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: PFT: Salisbury out at ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) If you need to insult the guy instead of logically debate him, you don't deserve to be an analyst on ESPN.

2) Clayton's also 100x more accurate of an analyst than Salisbury...

1) Think about that statement for a moment...then you should realize how absurd it is.

2) On the weekend before Opening Day in 2006, I listened to Salisbury and SuperChicken on espn radio's "Huddle" show. To win the AFCE, Salisbury predicted the NEP; Mr. Limpet predicted the Doofins. That's right, the Doofins.

Now do you understand why Salisbury doesn't, and shouldn't, respect the lil' perfesser?
If you still don't, then you should really just stick to posting with your fellow fans on the lucky jints board.

Another reason not to tune into espn, if Keyshawn leaves, there will be no reason to watch.. All pat haters all the time..

Clayton at least has reports and "people" that he talks to on teams. Granted, I don't have ESPN anymore, but I don't remember Salisbury saying anything that 1) I didn't know already or 2) I thought came from anyone smarter than a 6th grader. Maybe I've missed something in the past few months, but I after the "cryptkeeper" incident, I didn't exactly think of him in a better light.

Clayton, imo, is much more bearable than Salisbury. At least Clayton was trying to talk football instead of going ad hominem. A little respect for colleagues would be nice.

salisbury sees clayton for what he is, a peyton manning jock sniffer. listening to him you'd think he was employed by the colts. if anything, clayton is the one who should be hitting the road because of his biased reporting. espn is a lesser place without salisbury. he was one of the few there with common sense.

Florio can be really mean-spirited when it comes to these people. Maybe it's because he's a lawyer with no heart. Who knows. Salisbury will absolutely find a spot somewhere.

As for his cell phone incident, I'm sure the picture's subject was nothing new to the female recepient.

SAlisbury was one of the few I liked and leaps and bounds ahead of most of these turds.

Florio can be really mean-spirited when it comes to these people. Maybe it's because he's a lawyer with no heart. Who knows. Salisbury will absolutely find a spot somewhere.

As for his cell phone incident, I'm sure the picture's subject was nothing new to the female recepient.

Florio is a typical pompous, windbag lawyer who, as a Patriots Hater, hates Salisbury because Sean is a Patriots Defender. Florio and PFT have been dead to me for the last 6 months; this latest piece guarantees that they shall remain dead for the forseeable future.

.... good move ESPN .... NOT :mad:

wish someone one start an alternative sports network to ESPN.

Sean Salisbury .... thanks for sticking up for the PATs ... sorry it cost
you your job .... best of everything in the future, Sean. :rocker:

Instead we get to hear:
Mark Schlereth of the cap defying Broncos, speak about Spygate as though it were a mortal sin.
Steve Young of the SB scoring record 49ers, decry the Pats for running up the score.
Tom Jackson Supreme Overlord of Douchebaggery, pretty much do anything and everything he can on air to make snide remarks against BB.
Mike Ditka, the one hit coaching wonder, but yes, he was a good player, spout off about whatever the hell it is he is spitting on his co hosts.

Damn ESPN is looking like it's going to suck in 2008.

espn has sucked for the past 15 years. as soon as it became flooded with jet , giant, yankee, knick fan it went to **** for me. at espn, east coast bias is a nice euphemism for ny bias.

Salisbury was one of the best football guys at ESPN. He had a no BS approach, especially during 'spygate' and didn't fall into the typical ESPN end of the patriots world rants. He will probably catch on with one of the network crews doing football next year. He was the balance to most of the buffoons and patriot haters. I remember when the Walsh story broke everyone at ESPN was all over it saying the pats were screwed and all their Lombardi's should be taken away.....Salisbury chimed in that maybe we should wait and see the evidence before we jump to conclusions......of course he was ridiculed for this.

As far as his crypt-keeper comments, (aside from being hilarious).....he and John Clayton have always gone at it every-time they were on air together. The problem ESPN had was that every-time Clayton said something stupid (which happened alot) Salisbury would call him on it and then Clayton had not response.

The only good football analysis I saw on ESPN last year was the 'office pool' segment on football friday. This is where someone would moderate and Salisbury and Hank Goldberg would give their picks for the week and explain why.....this was by far the best segment and these guys were on the money most of the time. Now that this is gone I doubt I will turn into ESPN much during the football season.

Maybe Salisbury can replace D&C on WEEI in the morning :)

Clayton can be very annoying at times...he does kinda look shriveled.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes