PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning out 4-6 weeks after knee surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Peyton Manning Has Knee Surgery

The question no one has asked: Will Peyton Manning be able to succeed when confined to the pocket?

Perhaps the surgery is to remove part of his forehead from his knee or at least preventive treatment for the spreading of.

The question no one has asked: Will Peyton Manning be able to succeed when confined to the pocket?

In today's NFL, I would guess no one could succeed when confined only to the pocket.

Last edited:

Manning will play in the opener...no doubt. iam sure this is a polian smokescreen and the colts are smart enough to have the surgery at the appropriate time so that it doesnt affect the regular season.

I'm not so sure of that. If the Colts were smart enough to have the surgery at the appropriate time, why didn't they put Manning under the knife six weeks ago so he wouldn't miss a day of training camp? According to the Colts, this has been a problem since February.

Manning doesn't do well when he is forced out of the pocket. His quick release usually meant that he almost always threw from the pocket anyway. From that standpoint, it isn't a huge deal.

I think him being able to plant his leg will be the bigger issue.

PM will be just fine.

in POLIAN we trust !!!

I have yet to see the celebration following that game or the one after it. And unless I make a tragic error I never will. Still, I'd prefer to losing to Peyton than his special needs brother; at least Peyton is legitimately good.

Ouch. The sounds of bitterness... I love it.

I wish Peyton the very best to a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that; I prefer to live in a dreamworld where MVP-type quarterbacks remain injury-free and play forever, ya know?

(BTW, bursitis of the knee, or "housemaid's knee," is typically caused by repetitive kneeling. This is just one more important reason why QBs should not take a knee over and over, but always run up the score. ;))

Ditto. For some reason, hearing anything about Peyton and an injury makes me uber-paranoid about anything happening to #12...I hope both of these guys continue to make start after start and be healthy [enough to play] all season, every season.

Count me as one who wants Manning healthy. The Colts/Pats rivalry has reached legendary proportions. The games are absolutely terrific. The coaches, QBs, defenses, skill players are outstanding. I don't like Manning, but I respect him. The only one I don't respect is Napolian.

And I'd much rather see Peyton-Face, than hear about Peyton-Knee. :)

I listened to Lex and Terry this morning and they absolutely raked him (as well as Favre) over the coals for this one. Basically saying, "these veterans will think of anything to miss training camp" and, "I guess this couldn't have taken place at the end of the season huh? (sarcastically)". Lex even said he became less of a fan of his because of the stunt. They even trashed him for doing all of those commercials.

in POLIAN we trust !!!

Oh really? Which rules do you trust him to change this time? The one where if one team's pro bowl qb is hurt, no one else's can play?

Or do you trust him to pipe in more crowd noise?

Or do you trust him to put another team's employee against the wall?

Just so we are clear...

Could you imagine the whining when the Pats dismantle the poor, helpless, Peytonless Colts?
Let's hope he's healthy, otherwise Indy will break out their asterisk stamps.

Last edited:

Count me as one who wants Manning healthy. The Colts/Pats rivalry has reached legendary proportions. The games are absolutely terrific. The coaches, QBs, defenses, skill players are outstanding. I don't like Manning, but I respect him. The only one I don't respect is Napolian.

And I'd much rather see Peyton-Face, than hear about Peyton-Knee. :)

Couldn't have said it any better. Yes, I think Peyton's a douche but I wish him all the best in terms of having a successful surgery and healthy season.

Last edited:

I agree....I hate the Mannings just like everyone else here, but I also hope for his recovery as the rivalry between us is great.....as for his younger brother....thats another story....

Nice start to my day by hearing this. Sure Manning will be back, but how effective will he be? They call it a routine procedure, but why 10 days before training camp? I guess we will see how good Sorgi is this year.

I agree....I hate the Mannings just like everyone else here, but I also hope for his recovery as the rivalry between us is great.....as for his younger brother....thats another story....

Why? Because Eli dared to beat us in the Super Bowl? Don't wish injury on anybody, man. I do it in jest sometimes, but I'm never serious because karma is a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back