PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning now has a winning record in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kubiak is a better coach that NFL Switzer and it's not even close.
I meant taking over a team that had gone to the Super Bowl makes it easier to get back there, compared to taking over a 2-14 dumpster fire like a Cleveland .....

14-13

Sigh
So this means Brady not only has to play but make the playoffs and loose for the next 5 seasons (or for however long he decides to keep playing) to surpass Manning's record of 13 playoff loses.

I think Peytons record is safe regardless if he decides to continue using Ashley's medication and keep playing or not.

"Nationwide is on your side"
"My team won in spite of meeee"
"De-fense carried me all year"
"I played worse than Trent Dilferrrrr"
"Q-B Rating nine point niiiiine"

so if TB12 goes one-and-done for the next 11 years in a row, he'll still be ahead of Peyton's playoff winning percentage!

22-9 now
22-20 then (0.523)
vs
14-13 (0.518)

So let say Tom plays until he's 50, never winning another playoff game, ever.

then... we can say that they are comparable, with respect to WINNING!

Off-topic - back to on-topic.

Those arguing TO go to the HoF point to his receiving stats - the best after Jerry Rice. But we know over the past 30 years the rules have opened up the passing game A LOT. If you go by the statistics, TO is way better than Lynn Swan for instance....yeah, that sounds fishy.

The statistics as they relate to Peyton Manning. His passing stats are impressive, but again the rules makes it a lot easier to complete a pass than it was for Johnny Unitas or even Joe Montana. I'd do like MLB and compare his stats to players of his era. This also makes the playoff record and other intangibles more important. You already know the verdict on Peyton: good, but not the best.

Four different systems, four different philosophies, four different levels of coaching talent.

Far more than anecdotal and trivial.
Actually 2 systems. Fox ran the same "system" as they had in Indy. (Gawd, I irrationally hate that word. :) ) In Indy I'm pretty sure Moore was there for Dungy and Caldwell.

Can we shut up about Manning already. Broncos defense deserved to win the Superbowl. They were awesome all year and they were awesome in the playoffs. They deserved it. The defense got the Superbowl MVP. Even on Broncos forums their own fans are barking about Manning and how he almost lost the Superbowl and they would have been better off with Brock (and that's after they won). Analysis is showing how Manning's play was piss poor at a historic and unprecedented level for QBs who made it to Superbowl and yet somehow their awesome defense compensated and won easily.

Peyton Manning Had The Worst Season Of Any Super Bowl Quarterback Ever

That defense deserved to win. It was impressive watching them shut down the underneath routes from the Patriots via Edelman and Amendola. Their defense was impressive. Give it its due and stop complaining that Manning won. Elway also sucked in one of his two wins and rode T Davis for the win. Who cares.

4 super bowl appearances with 4 coaches to me is more impressive than 2 Super Bowl wins (and not really being lights out in either of them) with 2 teams.

That's one "record" I have no problem with Brady never getting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes