PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning in Europe for stem cell procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone catch that Manning is in Europe getting a cell transplant? I thought he was crazy opting for the operation which is more painful and may result in a hobbled after life (NFL) so that he possibly can get on the field this year. But cell transfer?

After the success of Bartlo Colon, I think you're going to see more and more athletes turn to stem cell surgeries. Certainly going to be interesting if a high profile guy like Peyton goes thru with it.

I think that WAS in Europe for the stem cell thing. Before the fusion (trying anything to avoid the fusion because he knows it's a very big deal and likely a career ender.)

I think that WAS in Europe for the stem cell thing. Before the fusion (trying anything to avoid the fusion because he knows it's a very big deal and likely a career ender.)

FWIW, Mort on ESPN said recently that the surgery is often a career saver.

FWIW, Mort on ESPN said recently that the surgery is often a career saver.

Maybe I misinterpreted what they said of the options. The surgery which is most popular would have meant Manning would be out for the year. He chose a graft which is painful, could result in post-career problems, and he would miss close to half of the season. Indy lost again today, I just don't see him coming back and taking the team to the playoffs. So why do it? It would be interesting to hear the consultations of all the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back