PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning has neck surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he considered cosmetic forehead surgery at the same time.

I'm pretty sure the weight of the forehead dragging the neck forward and down is the source of the injury. That and the stress of holding up that gigantic melon when he's does that illegal head bob that he never gets called for.

Agreed- I'd be surprised if the end is approaching for Manning. He has at least a couple of elite years left in him, barring some major injury.

The thing is, with most people, the neck isn't really considered weight bearing, as far as accompanying problems go. With the pumpkin that Manning has, though....

If I'm the Colts I'm not worried about Manning, I'm worried about the team that's surrounding him. A bunch of their core players are on the wrong side of 30 or getting older:

Jeff Saturday - 35
Peyton Manning - 35
Reggie Wayne - 32
Dwight Freeny - 31
Dallas Clark - 31
Gary Brackett - 31
Robert Mathis - 30
Joesph Addai - 28

They haven't had a draft pick make the pro bowl or any sort of similar accomplishment since 2006 with Addai and Bethea.

Why do I get the feeling that if it was Brady having this surgery instead of Manning, we'd be seeing articles about Brady missing part of the season/missing the entire season/having to retire.

Why do I get the feeling that if it was Brady having this surgery instead of Manning, we'd be seeing articles about Brady missing part of the season/missing the entire season/having to retire.

It's a bulging disc, 6-8 week recovery.

Indianapolis Colts' Peyton Manning underwent 2nd surgery on neck - ESPN

Article mentions the surgery is to alleviate a problem with a pinched nerve he had a few years ago.

Or maybe it's to help with his constant choking. ;)
Can't stand Manning, but choking? Hmm...

Manning 2-3 last 5 playoff games, Brady 2-3 last five playoff games...
Manning has lost his last two straight playoff games, Brady has lost his last three straight playoff games...
Manning is 6-4 in his last 10 playoff games, Brady is 5-5 in his last 10 playoff games...

If you ask me, Manning has actually "choked" less than Rio Carnival Boy...:mad:

Can't stand Manning, but choking? Hmm...

Manning 2-3 last 5 playoff games, Brady 2-3 last five playoff games...
Manning has lost his last two straight playoff games, Brady has lost his last three straight playoff games...
Manning is 6-4 in his last 10 playoff games, Brady is 5-5 in his last 10 playoff games...

If you ask me, Manning has actually "choked" less than Rio Carnival Boy...:mad:

that is if your forgetting game losing interceptions in superbowls.

that is if your forgetting game losing interceptions in superbowls.

Sure, but he had to win games to get there...look, you can go back and forth on this...facts are facts, Manning AND Brady have not been good in the playoffs the last few years....records do not lie...

Sure, but he had to win games to get there...look, you can go back and forth on this...facts are facts, Manning AND Brady have not been good in the playoffs the last few years....records do not lie...

The Patriots have been in transition. The Colts haven't.

Colts window is looking alot smaller than ours right now.

Last edited:
The Patriots have been in transition. The Colts haven't.

Colts window is looking alot smaller than ours right now.

Exactly. How many good Colts players are under 30? Bethea, Garcon, Collie if he's healthy, Moala, Powers, Addai and anyone else? Maybe Angerer? One great draft can change things quite a bit but the are team that really relies on fairly old players (Wayne/Saturday/Matthis/Freeney/Brackett/Clark).

Exactly. How many good Colts players are under 30? Bethea, Garcon, Collie if he's healthy, Moala, Powers, Addai and anyone else? Maybe Angerer? One great draft can change things quite a bit but the are team that really relies on fairly old players (Wayne/Saturday/Matthis/Freeney/Brackett/Clark).

I still shudder at the prospect of playing IND at their place as long as Manning's the QB and the Patriots are content to rush 3 or 4 every play. Last year IND came awfully close in Foxboro and the Pats almost blew a huge lead (Bruins? WTF....) and IND was playing a bunch of backups due to injury. Frankly I'm more scared of IND now than I was in 02, 03, 04, 05, etc., because back then the Pats could actually GET TO THE QUARTERBACK!!!!!! Maybe they didn't get a ton of sacks, but remember how uncomfortable Manning looked in the pocket "back then?" And, "back then", they had PLAYMAKERS (James Sanders' INT last year notwithstanding)....

I'm pretty sure the weight of the forehead dragging the neck forward and down is the source of the injury. That and the stress of holding up that gigantic melon when he's does that illegal head bob that he never gets called for.

The problem is when he leans forward during those head bobs, the Colts come dangerously close to being flagged for offsides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back