PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Peyton Manning gets prickly over questions about the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning's been pissed off all season long. But him going off on a member of the media is something new, really. I LOL'ed at Acee asking him the question about the SNL appearance.

Wow, that was uncomfortable. Truthfully I forgot the game where they apparently beat the Chargers. That team has their number so badly it's nearly comical.

Manningface always cracks me up.

I think the reporter should have phrased it a bit differently though. If he said the Chargers have won 4 of the last 5, that's one thing. By saying, "Since 2005," it seems like an arbitrary line in the sand to draw.

It's clear Manning is being a crybaby though and he knows exactly what is being asked here, which is San Diego owning him lately.

But he's also probably tired of crappy reporters asking him all sorts of stupid questions. Just watch any BB presser and you'll see the look in his eyes where you know he wants to say something else but decides not to and spits out the usual generic mumbo jumbo while wearing a serious look of contempt. It's one of my fav reasons for watching BB pressers. :D

No question that Manning is frustrated this year. Could be about his contract, the team's record or all the injuries.

Losing to NE was a big blow to the Colt's playoff seeding. They'll still get in but it'll be a dogfight with the rest of the 6-4 teams.

No question that Manning is frustrated this year. Could be about his contract, the team's record or all the injuries.

Losing to NE was a big blow to the Colt's playoff seeding. They'll still get in but it'll be a dogfight with the rest of the 6-4 teams.

Can't be about no contract cause there woulda been 400 articles by national sports pundits about how "unhappy" he is :)

It's funny how everyone forgets about his contract. What happened to all those people saying Polian and the Colts were going to take care of Manning and Brady was going to get the cold shoulder from BB and Kraft?

It's funny how everyone forgets about his contract. What happened to all those people saying Polian and the Colts were going to take care of Manning and Brady was going to get the cold shoulder from BB and Kraft?

Once again we see how the media has a blatant agenda

Wow, if Tom Brady reacted that way when people were asking him about the past Miami games and SB42 this year imagine the media uproar. I didn't see Tom throw a little hissyfit over it, yet if he so much as calls for a flag people will still be whining about it over a year later.

Wow, if Tom Brady reacted that way when people were asking him about the past Miami games and SB42 this year imagine the media uproar. I didn't see Tom throw a little hissyfit over it, yet if he so much as calls for a flag people will still be whining about it over a year later.
Brady takes his fits on the field and the bench, but he's smarter enough to never give the media anything they can use against him, and we all know he gets that from BB.

peytonmanningversuspats-e1290834663242.jpg

The closest Brady ever came to acting like this was after a loss to (ironically) SD when Marty was kind of making excuses for NE, injuries, etc. and Brady kind of snapped that he's not their coach and should worry about his own team. Again though that is reacting more to watch a coach said than lashing out at a specific question from a media member

lets see if dungy tommorow night has any comment on this. iam sure he will talk about being competitive etc etc

Manning is a great player and a good guy. Looks like he had a tiny, kind of lame moment, which makes him nothing more than human. Nothing to see here...

Manning is a great player and a good guy. Looks like he had a tiny, kind of lame moment, which makes him nothing more than human. Nothing to see here...

Could not agree more. TFB sincerely respects AND likes Manning, and no not in the way that I'd love to poke fun at here.

On the scale of faux pas that's pretty mild and understandable even though Peyton was momentarily a twit insisting the questioner was wrong when he wasn't. Still, it's fun at Manning's expense.

I am no fan of Manning, but I agree with the others, big deal, he got pissed off for a second, it happens to everyone. Especially when dealing with the media and their "stats". I can easily see why Manning would bristle at a question using a starting point of 2005, since I am sure he looks at it in terms of his entire career. Its like Brady saying about the Ravens, big deal, they've beat us once in nine years. The other night during the San Diego game, they flashed a stat showing that Rivers was the winningest regular season QB in the months of Nov, Dec and Jan, since "x" year. Okay, maybe so, but so what? He's the "winningest" only because the question was framed in such a way to make him that.

After reading that all I could think of was what would it be like if at least one member of the local media would verbally jab the opponent rather than (or at least the same amount as) the home town team?

The other thing I noticed was not a mention of 'I need to do a better job' by Manning, yet he did say "I think they’ve been team losses".

Peyton can be a huge d-dbag when he lose. The who "my idiot kicker" and "the o-line needs to block better" proves it.

I find this funny since Peyton was the reason Jim mora snapped with his infamous "PLAYOFFS" rant.

Peyton can be a huge d-dbag when he lose. The who "my idiot kicker" and "the o-line needs to block better" proves it.

I find this funny since Peyton was the reason Jim mora snapped with his infamous "PLAYOFFS" rant.

his idiot kicker started it, when he referred to his idiot kicker

the guy was a drunk and an idiot

as for the oline being thrown under the bus after the loss to pitt, yeah that was pretty bad of peyton

I loved the "idiot kicker" line. But screw him, 2005 was a monumental year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down