PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning doesn't call all his own plays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, is THAT'S not throwing your coach under the bus, Idk what is. You would always want to say "We called a 3rd down play and it simply didn't work" It just sounds like Manning blames his coach.

Wow, is THAT'S not throwing your coach under the bus, Idk what is. You would always want to say "We called a 3rd down play and it simply didn't work" It just sounds like Manning blames his coach.

They hate their coach! ;)

If it weren't for that interview at halftime, I wouldn't have thought Caldwell had any other facial expressions. I wouldn't want to play poker against that guy.

Peyton Manning doesn't call all his own plays...

...he also doesn't shake hands after losing the Super Bowl. :p

Peyton Manning cannot lose, because for Peyton Manning to lose, the other team would have to score more points than he, and if the other team scores more points than Peyton Manning, then the coaching staff and defense must be at fault. It's the only logical conclusion.

I bet Caldwell called the interception too.

Nothing is ever Peytons fault, don't you all know this by now? The INT was on Wayne, and that call is on Caldwell, and the only reason Manning didn't tackle Porter is that he was blocked in the back. :rolleyes:

Surely the rest of the nation is catching on to what a whiny, blame-shifting, overrated tool this guy is. Please?

It's just an odd thing for PM to mention in an interview. Certainly people all the time will say things when they are emotional or in the heat of the moment that they would never say otherwise but it seems that PM tends to admonish himself of any circumstances or happenstance that for posterity's sake, reflect poorly on him either by execution or association.

At least this time he didn't prephase the blaming with the "I want to be a good teammate.... BUT" crap

It is interesting to contrast Manning with Brady and Belichick, both of whom typically include in any discussion of a loss a statement like "We've got to get better in all areas. I've got to play better/We were outcoached."

C'mon guys. He is clearly GOAT....if you are talking about throwing teammates or coaches under the bus!

Archie must have slapped little Peyton upside the head a few too many times as he was growing up. The guy's insecurity is almost pathological.

I guess Manning only calls his own plays when it's convenient for him.

Now we see the worm start to turn on the 4th-n-2 situation. I have seen Payton's coaching job being called the greatest in SB history, almost exclusively because of a call that was far more reckless than the 4th-n-2 call. Now we seen Colt Nation (do they have a Nation? Principality? Protectorate?) lament the fact that their coaching staff went conservative, punted and let the Saints have a late score.

The same people were killing Belichick for being reckless and not taking the conventional/conservative path. Not holding my breath waiting for anyone to admit their hypocrisy.

Now we see the worm start to turn on the 4th-n-2 situation. I have seen Payton's coaching job being called the greatest in SB history, almost exclusively because of a call that was far more reckless than the 4th-n-2 call. Now we seen Colt Nation (do they have a Nation? Principality? Protectorate?) lament the fact that their coaching staff went conservative, punted and let the Saints have a late score.

The same people were killing Belichick for being reckless and not taking the conventional/conservative path. Not holding my breath waiting for anyone to admit their hypocrisy.

There's no hypocrisy there at all. The 4th and 2 was a terrible decision because of the entirety of the situation. The onside kick was a great call because of that same reasoning. The drive at the end of the half is a play calling issue.

Last edited:

I want to agree with you, but I don't think running on 3rd and 1 is "conservative". I bet running backs pick up 1+ yards on more than 70% of their carries, which would make it statistically more likely to get the first than a typical pass play would.

Now, if you're saying that that whole drive was conservative (running three straight times), I have no beef.

So Manning doesn't call his own plays and Polian was not on board with that siesta the Colts took against the Jets in week 16? Who's driving that bus, Caldwell???:rolleyes:

We all knew it was a matter of time, so he doesn't call his own plays after all.

nothing is ever peytons fault, don't you all know this by now? The int was on wayne, and that call is on caldwell, and the only reason manning didn't tackle porter is that he was blocked in the back. :rolleyes:

...lmfao...

There's no hypocrisy there at all. The 4th and 2 was a terrible decision because of the entirety of the situation. The onside kick was a great call because of that same reasoning. The drive at the end of the half is a play calling issue.

The 4th and 2 was the CORRECT decision because of the entirety of the situation, saying it was "terrible" is laughable.

Last edited:
Given the state of the defense, 4th and 2 was a good decision with a bad result. It must have been anguishing for Belichick to face the fact his defense couldn't stop the Colts, but frankly they didn't stop many teams last year. Payton had a similar decision, albeit with an element of surprise. What do you think the outcome would have been if the Colts had recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back