PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton has 0.0 Passer Rating against Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
bittersweet, on day he sets yardage record, he gets pulled benched....day he might want to forget......because that's what many will remember.

It was sad, I don't understand why Kubiak didn't sit him earlier in the game, was really necessary to wait for 4 picks? He could not complete a pass to save his life.

His arm is truly done.

All he can throw are floating ducks and short passes. Its over.
Yeah. It's almost sad, save for the fact that the national media STILL seems reluctant to stick a fork in him. I still don't hear anyone truly declaring him done yet. We'll see. For the first time in almost two years I have the urge to put on First Take, but my better judgement is prevailing right now. We'll see later this morning.
But dude is truly finished. Everyone thought it was something when he beat a now obviously overrated Packers team coming off two week's rest. Look at him now. It's just stunning in a way to watch. This is the same guy that used to strike fear in my heart when we had to play Indy, no matter the fact we usually got the better of him. The game never seemed over until it was truly over. I always knew Brady was better, but Manning played the part of the nemesis about as well as you can against someone who is really the G.O.A.T.

Last edited:
Sad to see this. One of the greatest QB's of all time playing like a complete scrub. Its sad, and a bit funny. Father time catches up to everyone tho.
I agree!! It's sad to see him go out this way. Never like to see all-time greats (seems to be a good guy too) struggle like this. Hoping he'll retire at the end of the season. Rumors have him possibly returning to Indy in some sort of front office role ala John Elway in Denver.

I hate, but respect Manning. So I am torn on this.

The funny thing is though is that this week is going to be about his meltdown and not him breaking Favre's yardage record. I still think Manning came back to chase this and the career win records. I am sure he dreamed of all the ball washing he was going to receive the week after he broke Favre record. Now he is going to have to endure a week of "Is Peyton done?" and QB controversy talk all around the country.

Peyton gets a 0.1 from ESPN with a .1 for effort I guess.

Sad to see this. One of the greatest QB's of all time playing like a complete scrub. Its sad, and a bit funny. Father time catches up to everyone tho.
Reminiscent of the great Willie Mays' time with the Mets. Or Ali v. Leon Spinks.

But he got to swan around the field holding his record ball aloft so it's all good.

It was like Kubiak couldn't pull him, knowing it was his record breaking day and he is Peyton Manning. He put that ahead of the teams best interests and that is really bad.

I hate, but respect Manning. So I am torn on this.

The funny thing is though is that this week is going to be about his meltdown and not him breaking Favre's yardage record. I still think Manning came back to chase this and the career win records. I am sure he dreamed of all the ball washing he was going to receive the week after he broke Favre record. Now he is going to have to endure a week of "Is Peyton done?" and QB controversy talk all around the country.

On the radio broadcast when he broke the record, they said there was supposed to be a video in the stadium of his career highlights, they didn't show it and moved on as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back