PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peter King has really lost it talking about his bathroom problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
and I put that kindly. What would possess this guy to tell us this stuff? He's going off the deep end.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/03/27/mmqb/1.html

Here's a taste (now isn't that a gross image):

"Once off the plane, I was as dignified as was humanly possible. I brisk-walked to the men's room, and the rest is history. "

If he was trying to get the message across for men to get checked he could have done it in a better way IMO.

Last edited:
Everytime I hear King interviewed on WEEI he sounds like he's constipated...the words have to be pulled out of his mouth. I had it wrong...sorry Peter...sounds like you need a new faucet.

I do agree: no way should the playoffs expand to 14. The 7th best team in a confrence of 16 has no buseness in the playoffs.

For the love of God......I am all for the PSA about getting screened for colon cancer, but not in that much detail.....I just ate!

Remember when Katie Couric showed her colon image on national TV?

Sometimes you just have to stop and say,"What the hell was I thinking."

PATSNUTme said:

Isn't that what editors are for?

PATSNUTme said:

I thought that was her colon on TV every morning???:eek:

:p let it rest, peter is a good guy and a pats friend. i personally mentally delete all his coffeecomments, but i still like his writingstyle :)

Surely you all noticed this little tidbit of information in the article as well, didn't you?

In Vinatieri's last 55 regular-season games, he is 0 for 5 on field goal attempts of 50 yards or more. We all think he's got a great leg, but what he has is a clutch leg. He hasn't made a 50-yarder since Nov. 10, 2002, in, of all places, Champaign, Ill., against the Bears.

Interesting stat - Adam hasn't made a 50 yarder in 4 years!???

PATSNUTme said:

That also applies to starting a colonoscopy prep before getting on a plane....
That nearly qualifies for a Darwin Award............
Ask anybody who's had one, You don't want to be more than 2 feet from a bathroom and wear elastic waistband pants only..........
(sorry to be graphic)......
He'd had two before so he should have known........Too bad the plane wasn't delayed a few hours.......

limbaugh said:
:p let it rest, peter is a good guy and a pats friend. i personally mentally delete all his coffeecomments, but i still like his writingstyle :)

I could stomach the occasional reference to his search for Starbucks coffee but good lord this guy has an addiction.

Getting real sick of Peter King... not impressed with him anymore... Always wrong on his info... Listen to Adam Schefter on the Nfl network... a little more reliable...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Getting real sick of Peter King... not impressed with him anymore... Always wrong on his info... Listen to Adam Schefter on the Nfl network... a little more reliable...

Peter King bases his content more on "feelings" or "hunches" rather than some inside information it seems. I mean the guy has a section titled "10 Things I think I think". The guy can be wrong beyond belief on some things - he called New England @ Pittsburgh for Week 1 last year when the league established that the SB champion would play the opener AT HOME.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Getting real sick of Peter King... not impressed with him anymore... Always wrong on his info... ..

Like when he compared Carson Palmer's first twenty starts to Brady's and noted how their W/L were nearly identical. The only problem was that three of TB's starts were in the playoffs in '01 and King didn't include those because they were not regular season. I think most people would consider post-season starts even tougher than regular season ones......
They just grabbed the stats and didn't think about it.
Just my $0.02,

I was shocked to see that Peter King is only 48 years old. I thought he was more like 58. That guy needs to start getting some exercise.

Tunescribe said:
I was shocked to see that Peter King is only 48 years old. I thought he was more like 58. That guy needs to start getting some exercise.

He even complains about hotel gyms and having to pay at one of them - stick to football Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes