PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pepsi boycott?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepsi has foreshadowed Rex Ryan's next career move ..... parking garage attendant.

Pepsi has foreshadowed Rex Ryan's next career move ..... parking garage attendant.

Nope.....Rex is going to open up his own food stand at all New York Fairs

deep-fried-twinkies-400-46721594.jpg

Last edited:
Rex is fat.

We get it.

Pepsi Max just ran an ad with the Jets where Rex is yelling at his team. AC is in the ad as well. Should Pats fans boycott Pepsi until they drop this ad?

Who is AC?

I bet Pepsi was hoping the Jets would be more relevent when they shot these ads. With the amount of money they must have paid, they probably can't afford to just shelve them. I think it's funny they are airing them. Anyone seen many Peymetons commercials this year? I can't seem to recall any?

Why would Pepsi want to associate their brand with losers?

That's an excellent point. Seeing how most of the NFL universe is sick of Wrecks and his act, the ad probably is backfiring big time. But to answer the question: Wrecks is a natural-born pitchman/carnival barker. Instead of trying to coach football he should think about becoming the next Billy Mays.

While I'm sure that the Sanchize, Rex and the featured players aren't returning any of the checks they receive for doing the moronic ad, I have a feeling that it's now more of an embarrassment to them than a source of good feelings.

I especially like when Sanchez says, "the little guy is right" and the Pepsi delivery driver asks Rex if he can validate his parking sticker. Sanchez looks very "little" right now, not only on the field but with others dishing on his lack of respect and control in the locker-room. The piece highlights how distracted and distracting both of them have become.

All told, a pleasant reminder of the disaster that the team has become in the Ryan/Sanchez error. Thank you, Pepsi!

Last edited:
Why would Pepsi want to associate their brand with losers?

Good point. Here's how we can send an email to Pepsico's Investor Relations department and tell them how brand-damaging the ad is. Say something like you're a shareholder or that you have your 401k in a mutual fund that holds Pepsi stock and they'll probably answer you. Of course, their advertising people might take this as a sign of success because "the only bad publicity is no publicity."

[email protected]

Last edited:
OK then. Real good then. Real fine. Pepsi at my super bowl party.

I was thinking maybe having Pepsi Max at the superbowl party with a sign on the soda bottle --- the only Jet to make it to the superbowl.

Pepsi Max just ran an ad with the Jets where Rex is yelling at his team. AC is in the ad as well. Should Pats fans boycott Pepsi until they drop this ad?

Great minds - also insane minds, but I digress.

I was about to start a Pepsi+Jets thread. I wrote:
I'm not one for boycotts, especially for anything as silly as a humorous commercial. That said, I just seen the 7 bazillionth running of the Pepsi Max commercial with Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and the Jets.

If a place only has Pepsi products, I'll order water. It helps that I'm a Coke drinker.:)

Oh, to answer you, No. I do not agree with organized boycotts, but if you want to order Coke or bust, fine. Don't bother me with it though. (Like insist I'm less of a fan if I like their bubbly, brown water with artificial sweeteners.)

No need to boycott, this ad has made me laugh to myself and I've seen it multiple times so far. Maybe Rex knew the Jets weren't making the playoffs and did the ad so people don't forget about him...:bricks:

forget about him?????

he's the 21st century version of the Black Plague...the Green Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back