PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Paying for my pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes -- I can see it now! There's going to be a sticky thread with the title "Champagne and the drinking thereof", isn't there? :D

Oh, Mike, how nouveau riche would that be? Tsssk!

Because of the exchange rate, it's $180 US for Brits. Well, not all Brits. Just Brits with Cats as avatars.

Last edited:
Good stuff, Ian.

Glad to help and as many have said, it's about time you allowed us to give back to something that we get so much out of.

Thanks for all you do!

So, after they ban me for posting Ctulhu for president, I can sue for my money back?:D

Last edited:

After almost six years' membership,
including as plunkett2vataha and flutie2phelan,
i wish to state that
PatsFans.com has been a wonderful relief from the real world
... and has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of rooting for the Patriots
by improving my understanding of what is going on.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the costs of maintaining such a valuable site
and don't need any of the supplementary benefits
that Ian insists on furnishing.

The virtual friends i've made here
are worth far more than this (optional) "cost" of admission.

So when does camp open already?

I sent Ian a PM about this. I have been telling him for at least 3-4 years that he needs to do this. He's been running the site at a personal loss for years ... and why should he?

Glad he's finally seen the light.

This site is as good as any ...

Our own personal playground for our favorite team.

Go Ian ... Go PatsFans.Com ... :p

After almost six years' membership,
including as plunkett2vataha and flutie2phelan,
i wish to state that
PatsFans.com has been a wonderful relief from the real world
... and has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of rooting for the Patriots
by improving my understanding of what is going on.

I am delighted to be able to contribute to the costs of maintaining such a valuable site
and don't need any of the supplementary benefits
that Ian insists on furnishing.

The virtual friends i've made here
are worth far more than this (optional) "cost" of admission.

So when does camp open already?

No date has been announced yet, but we're likely under 5 weeks now. It's amazing how quickly the offseason went. Don't worry, I'll get my countdown up as soon as the date is announced. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I'm not really much of a VIP Lounge kind of guy. But aren't you supposed to be standing on the balcony, spraying the heaving masses with Crystal?

Or is it like the Senior Common Room (a bunch of badly dressed dons complaining how A-levels have been dumbed down and no one knows whether phenomena are singular or plural any more)?

Anyway, thanks for being my proletarian conscience ...

This forum has gotten me through some very slow work days in the past year so 18 bones is definitely something I can give back. :rocker:

Last edited:
Very Happy to help out. Great place, reasonable price.

Now if only we could make the season start with donations !

Well, I'm not really much of a VIP Lounge kind of guy. But aren't you supposed to be standing on the balcony, spraying the heaving masses with Crystal?

Or is it like the Senior Common Room (a bunch of badly dressed dons complaining how A-levels have been dumbed down and no one knows whether phenomena are singular or plural any more)?

Anyway, thanks for being my proletarian conscience ...

Er, you're welcome. I can pretend that I was born in t'mill, and that I went to a tough inner-city comprehensive, if you like...

Great idea Ian, this place is the best. Thanks for running such a great site.

I don't need the fancy shmancy VIP stuff, I'm just glad I could help out in some small way. Thank you IAN.

Is there any way of donating the $18 without having the VIP designation out there on Front Street?

I'll take care of the donation first then PM the mods, I suppose.

The site is down. I get this error no matter what valid email address I enter:

The email address or credit card has already been added to a PayPal account. If you have already opened a PayPal account, enter your email address and password into PayPal Checkout and click Log In. Otherwise, enter a different email address or credit card number to complete your purchase.

EDIT: I was able to use Paypal. Apparently the site checks paypal and noticed my credit card is also associated with my Paypal account. Now to figure out how to get rid of this rotten "VIP" moniker.

Last edited:
Is there any way of donating the $18 without having the VIP designation out there on Front Street?

I'll take care of the donation first then PM the mods, I suppose.

Send a PM to Ian to see if you can get that deleted if you don't want it. We mod's can't do anything regarding that.

Can we get some support for possibly next year making a "tier level" system? I would like to do more if possible, maybe like a $50 or $100 level? All things considered, it would still be a great value.

First of all I really appreciate all the support from those who have donated, it means a lot. I had locked the original thread because I didn't want to make a big deal out of this, since I didn't want anyone to feel obligated. But after reading all these posts I wanted to post a quick "Thank You" to all of you...I really don't even know what to say.

Regarding your account, please check first and see if your PM limit has increased to 1,000. If that has happened, you've been upgraded. I also changed it where VIP Member is listed below your username (a little extra status :cool:) But You can also change the custom user title below your name to whatever you want (within reason of course :) )

You'll also be able to go into your Profile and increase your avatar by uploading a new one (it will be larger than all the others), as well as your signature image which has been increased in size. Not a huge deal, but for those who want to use those hopefully this adds a little to your unique personality here at the site.

Next, I'm working on the VIP lounge which will hopefully be done by tomorrow night. It will be a nice little safe haven from Trolls, etc. and will be another place to hang out. The NFL News Room will be available this week, so hopefully you'll all find that useful as well. There are also new arcade games coming, and there will be some that will be available to the people who were kind enough to donate.

So lots in the works, and thank you all so much for helping out. It honestly really means a lot, and I'll do my best to continue trying to make it better. But please always feel free to PM me with any suggestions!

Thanks again, - Ian

Is there a snail mail address I can use as I am boycotting PayPal?

I just paid up... couldn't resist being one of the "VIP" members.

Ian, you have really done us all a great service over the years and we all really appreciate your hard work.

You sure have come a long way since the day's of Ian'sPatriotsPage. I have been amazed at how things have grown over the years and it couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Does the VIP lounge really insulate us from the idiot trolls, or just the ones that don't have an extra $18 laying around? I guess being ejected from your VIP status which you already paid for should be a sufficient detterant.

Now, what borderline inappropriate tag to put under my name....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes