PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Patriot's Fan Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you guys are like me, I suspect a lot of you are. Here's some examples of my Patriot's obsession/love:

In 2007, as is my habit every year, I buy a new Patriot's hat before the regular season starts. Got the hat on the Friday before the season started. When I got home, I noticed they left the security thing on the hat. Pried it off myself, and it caused a big round hole in the back of the hat, was gonna return it on Monday. The Pats routed the Jets, kept the hat, and they went 18-0 while I wore the hat. We know what happened game 19 and I dumped the hat.

This year, I have worn the same Pat's outfit since they beat the Vikings, and they have won every game since. I will wear this outfit for the rest of the season. It's a throwback 1976 Russ Francis jersey (red), with a blue shirt underneath and blue jeans. YES, I have washed it after every game, lol. I had bought a beautiful throwback Mitchell and Ness hat (blue) while up in Boston, but the only time I wore it, was during the loss to Cleveland, have not worn it since, and will not wear it again until the offseason.

I have a habit of if the Pats are doing well when wearing a hat backwards, I will wear it backwards during that game, if they start to falter, I turn it forwards.

Also, I blame myself for the Pats not winning a SB since 2004. I was living in California from 1999-2006, so the 3 times they won, I was out in California. Moved back to NYC in 2006, and the Pats lost the SB the following year. Trust me, if they get in the SB soon, I will be staying in California that weekend.

In 2005, it seems like everytime I had Chinese food for lunch before the game, they won, If I didn't they lost. Had a lot a Chinese food in 2005, though that didn't help during that dreadful playoff game in Denver.

Anyone else have any weird quirks, obsessions or supertitions when it comes to the Pats ?

I wonder if any of you guys are like me, I suspect a lot of you are. Here's some examples of my Patriot's obsession/love:

In 2007, as is my habit every year, I buy a new Patriot's hat before the regular season starts. Got the hat on the Friday before the season started. When I got home, I noticed they left the security thing on the hat. Pried it off myself, and it caused a big round hole in the back of the hat, was gonna return it on Monday. The Pats routed the Jets, kept the hat, and they went 18-0 while I wore the hat. We know what happened game 19 and I dumped the hat.

This year, I have worn the same Pat's outfit since they beat the Vikings, and they have won every game since. I will wear this outfit for the rest of the season. It's a throwback 1976 Russ Francis jersey (red), with a blue shirt underneath and blue jeans. YES, I have washed it after every game, lol. I had bought a beautiful throwback Mitchell and Ness hat (blue) while up in Boston, but the only time I wore it, was during the loss to Cleveland, have not worn it since, and will not wear it again until the offseason.

I have a habit of if the Pats are doing well when wearing a hat backwards, I will wear it backwards during that game, if they start to falter, I turn it forwards.

Also, I blame myself for the Pats not winning a SB since 2004. I was living in California from 1999-2006, so the 3 times they won, I was out in California. Moved back to NYC in 2006, and the Pats lost the SB the following year. Trust me, if they get in the SB soon, I will be staying in California that weekend.

In 2005, it seems like everytime I had Chinese food for lunch before the game, they won, If I didn't they lost. Had a lot a Chinese food in 2005, though that didn't help during that dreadful playoff game in Denver.

Anyone else have any weird quirks, obsessions or supertitions when it comes to the Pats ?

Good thread idea. I keep buying Pats stuff -- jackets, hats, sweatshirts, shirts, etc. Half my closest is full with it now, but I rationalize by telling myself that it's an accumulation over the last 17 years as a season ticket holder. Plus, I keep finding great bargains on eBay. :singing: It's a tough habit to break when they continue winning like this.

I just cant believe you wash stuff after a win, that is a no-no.

My 3 time champions long sleeve T I wore for the 2007 season finally got that washing it needed and promptly never warn again. /mourn

On that note, I blame BB for wearing a red hoodie during the 07 SB..

I just cant believe you wash stuff after a win, that is a no-no.

My 3 time champions long sleeve T I wore for the 2007 season finally got that washing it needed and promptly never warn again. /mourn

I'm working on my home Brady Jersey right now....I hope I never have to wash it again :D (that would be kind of nasty though)

For me, it's bad luck to watch a game at home with a jersey on. I wear an away jersey for away games and a home jersey for home games, but I wear it before and after the games. During the games, it's bad luck for me.

This doesn't count actually going TO the games, though. I wear a jersey during those games.

I have the same superstitions. Luckily for me though, it's drinking beer from the same mug as the last win. It's a tough job, but if it helps the team I am willing to make the sacrifice. :D

I have the same superstitions. Luckily for me though, it's drinking beer from the same mug as the last win. It's a tough job, but if it helps the team I am willing to make the sacrifice. :D

Do you at least wash the mug? :eek:

I wear the same Pats polo shirt every friday at work (except for the bye week!).
I wear the same pair of jeans for every pats game
I wear the same shirt for every pats game
In my weekly pick-em, I always pick the Pats to lose.

I didn't do any of these four games 2 weeks this season, and have done all 4 10 weeks. Guess which 2 weeks those were?

Forgot to add, I DVR every Pat's game I can (living in NYC, I only get the two games against the Jets, and any Sunday/Monday night games). I watch them several times. Only keep the wins. Have watched the 45-3 win two times so far. Still have the 2007 AFC championship game against SD, and the 2007 regular season win over Indy on my DVR. I also get the NFL highlites version of the games from iTunes and watch them on my iPhone, only keep the wins of course. Makes my commute on mass transit more bearable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try to remember to put pants on when I watch the Patriots play. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back