PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patrice Bergeron

Hoodie

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know it's a football board but Patrice Bergeron suffered a potentially serious spinal injury in today's Bruins when he was slammed against the boards by a Flyers player.

I hate to see this kind of thing happen to any player in any sport. Hope Patrice recovers and is back on the ice soon.

I know it's a football board but Patrice Bergeron suffered a potentially serious spinal injury in today's Bruins when he was slammed against the boards by a Flyers player.

I hate to see this kind of thing happen to any player in any sport. Hope Patrice recovers and is back on the ice soon.
Yeah, I was watching live and saw it happen. He was out cold and never regained consciousness while being carted off the ice. I hope he wakes up and that's the extent of it....here's to praying.

Update:

Batrice Bergeron sound like he suffered a concussion and a broken nose.

It is also reported that he can move his arms and legs.

THANK GOD

Maybe my prayer worked:rocker:

Update:

THANK GOD

Thank God he's going to be OK. He's a great kid and an excellent hockey player. And this week he'll be honored by Children's Hospital for his charitable work. Just heard him on the radio Friday saying how much he enjoying helping the kids nd how much he'd gotten back from them.

Last edited:
Where is Jay Miller or Lyndon Byers when you need them?

Wow, I just watched the hit. Very dirty.

Update:

THANK GOD

Thank God he's going to OK. He's a great kid and an excellent hockey player. And this week he'll be honored by Children's Hospital for his charitable work. Just heard him on the radio say how much he enjoying helping the kids nd how much he'd gotten back from them.

Glad to know this. FYI, there was a thread here earlier but it was moved to some other board.

Thank goodness it sounds like he'll be OK.

I left it up on the main board until we got this report, so now it'll be moved over to the Bruin forum.

Thank god, I actually said a prayer for him when I heard it on the radio broadcast. That's great to know he's moving his extremities.

Bump ... keeping Patrice in the news ... great news so far to see Patrice skating again. I doubt we see him this year but who cares right now ... hopefully he gets his old normal healthy life back and that would be the best news.

I'd be shocked to the max if he played this year. There's a .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance he does. That being said, I'm a little concerned about his future as a player. Even if he does play again, will he be the same? His game was physical, and an injury like this affects you long term. Both physically, and psycologically.

That was a horrible hit, glad he is going to be okay

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back