PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Patjew signing off for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all-

I know I have been quiet lately, but I have been stalking now and then. Really, I've just been very busy preparing to move. Tomorrow my family and I take off for Hong Kong, where we'll remain for 2 or 3 years. I'll definitely be back on the board in the near future, but at odd hours of the day.

The 2 things I'll miss most about living here: my father and my Pats season tickets. Luckily, one will take care of the other for me.

I want to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season and thank you for all the wisdom and humor imparted on me this past year. I hope the board is a little less snippy again soon.

I'll let you know how the Pats look in Beijing next year!

Patjew/Dave

Good Luck, PJ. Now you get to sample real Chinese food, you know, dishes with duck's feet sticking out of them and fish with the eyeballs looking at ya.

Here's wishing all the best for you and you family in your new home.

Domoarigato Mr. Patjewboto. Good luck on the move, and happy holidays to you and yours.

Hi all-

I know I have been quiet lately, but I have been stalking now and then. Really, I've just been very busy preparing to move. Tomorrow my family and I take off for Hong Kong, where we'll remain for 2 or 3 years. I'll definitely be back on the board in the near future, but at odd hours of the day.

The 2 things I'll miss most about living here: my father and my Pats season tickets. Luckily, one will take care of the other for me.

I want to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season and thank you for all the wisdom and humor imparted on me this past year. I hope the board is a little less snippy again soon.

I'll let you know how the Pats look in Beijing next year!

Patjew/Dave
I turned down an offer to relocate for Hong Kong for 2 years back in 2001. I had just bought a house and with sky-high Silicon Valley prices, there was no way I could rent it out to cover the mortgage and property taxes. Many others in my company have made that move, though, and most of them enjoyed it immensely. The key is that you're bringing your family. I had one colleague who didn't and was miserable. I'm sure it will be an amazing 2+ years for your family and you'll make great friends there that you'll want to visit for years down the road.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. There's an old chinese saying that goes something like, "The chinese will eat anything with four legs except the table." Truer words have never been spoken. You'll find out soon enough.

What he said...except shouldn't that be,

"The sun never sets on the Patriots EMPIRE"? :D

Empire, empire? Wasn't that what you guys were supposed to be getting away from? ;)

Good luck to you and your family,PJ. If you run into any trouble with anyone over there, just tell them this:

Rodney's coming and HELL is coming with him!

They won't want to be messing with a friend of Rodney's!:rocker:

That is a GREAT line. I'm going to pass it off as my own.

I've also found the phrase "more chins than a Hong Kong phonebook" has come in handy in describing Charlie Weiss, Bill Parcells, and others who's height is not relative to their weight.

Good Luck, PJ. Now you get to sample real Chinese food.

Also, just a little tip re: RayClay's post: over there they just call it "food".

Hey David, from what I heard, it's as easy to come up with a minyan in Hong Kong as it is in Rhode Island!

Hump...the first synagouge in America was in Providence RI. But enough with the history lessons...be well!

Best wishes on the move. I always enjoy your posts and look forward to your return to the board.

Good luck to you PatJew ... always enjoyed your postings and wit.

Hump...the first synagouge in America was in Providence RI. But enough with the history lessons...be well!

I always thought it was in Newport... Tuoro Synagogue...

oh well, just shows what I know

Mazel Tov and enjoy Hong Kong. If you get homesick, go to Dan Ryan's in Pacific Place for lunch or dinner. Otherwise, I won't give you any restaurant advice since the food is awesome and one can become addicted to a meal of Dumplings, Hot and Sour Soup and "Peking" Duck accompanied by a cold Fosters. Travel Safely.

Happy trails, dude. And happy Chanukah.

Thanks alot for all of the well wishes, gang. We're really looking forward to the adventure, although we're a bit melancholy about it, too, of course. Luckily this is one "family" I won't really have to leave behind.

I'll be following the Jax game on my BlackBerry. Next week,Slingbox.

PS- I've been in China enough to know that there "food" means anything that has stopped moving. Here's to avoiding parasites!

Happy trails -- should be a tremendous experience for the whole family.

You couldnt be going over there at a better time for a Pats fan. Make sure you wear your Pats stuff all the time. I am sure that the chinese will recognize it and you will be a big hit.

That's the plan!

Don't be too much of a stranger - I always enjoy your posts :)
Happy Hanukkah!

Chung is Corean, not Chinese.

A worse mixup than calling a Limey a Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back