PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Parcells steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.
first thing I thought also ... not knowing the racing season i thought is it pony time ???

Seriously ... I never saw him in this role for long ... Bill is a coach.

Actually he's not, he's a big picture guy. It's becoming less about him and more about Spagnano and the team and the new owner and his celebrity co owners. He hates that crap. And the rebuild isn't exactly chugging along as well as they used to.

Parcells is leaving about a year sooner than the old wanderlust usually gets to him.

In that case I suspect other causes. The Dolphins rebuilding is going slower than expected. Injuries have killed progress on the Offensive line, Defensive line and at OLB. Other moves have not worked out and the AFCE is getting visibly stronger elsewhere, like new England, presenting more obstacles.

By now Parcells expected NE to sink into the depths of 5-11 or so, on a long 5 year rebuild. Instead BB ruthlessly let go of the Super Bowl heroes, accumulated 4-6 years worth of draft picks for use in three drafts, and has used them wisely to remake his Defense entirely with quality newcomers in just two; and lay the foundation for an Offensive rebuild, by finding a QB, LOT, TEs, and WRs, all the while still producing double digit victory seasons.

Agreed. I was wondering just this week given the shaky look of the 2010 Dolphins if this might be it for Tuna. I always thought it was not a very sound long term decision for big Bill to move in to little Bill's division. I don't think he even wanted to but the Giants just weren't biting when he was shopping himself and in Wayne Huyzenga he found the guy he wanted who would let him run a name franchise it like it was his own franchise and was even willing to give him that unprecedented deal where he could walk away any time he wanted not to mention if a new owner took over and collect the whole contract.

Now he's off the hook unless things pan out... If they do he gets credited with another ressurection. If not he's off the hook again because things changed that he didn't bargain for due to new ownership.

But at the end of the day there are three things Tuna loves. Money and football and horse racing and they have those all up and down the East Coast and even as far west as Texas apparently... I doubt he's done. He's got a lot of Favre in him. He will rest up and assess the landscape this season and heading into the lockout. Once they are back in business he will be looking for his next project.

Last edited:
Figures. Fat piece of trash.

Everyone seems to enjoy ripping into the Patriots drafting, so lets look at what Parcells did in Miami..

Jake Long - Pro Bowl Tackle
Phillip Merling - Disappointment, pretty mediocre player, is on IR, and was arrested recently.
Chad Henne - Starter.. but the jury is still out. Struggled this preseason.
Kendall Langford - Starter, but nothing amazing. Has 4.5 sacks over two years.
Shawn Murphy - No longer on team.
Jalen Parmele - No longer on team.
Donald Thomas - No longer on team.

Lex Hillard - 89 rushing yards.
Lionel Dotson - No longer on team.

Vontae Davis - Good chance he turns into one of the league's better corners.
Pat White - No longer on team.
Sean Smith - Has been pretty awful, gets burnt all the time and hasn't shown much improvement.
Patrick Turner - No longer on team.
Brian Hartline - Has the potential to be a solid number 2 receiver.
John Nalbone - Hasn't played.
Andrew Gardner - Hasn't played.
J.D. Folsom - 1 tackle.

All I can say is I'm glad we have our Bill.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to enjoy ripping into the Patriots drafting, so lets look at what Parcells did in Miami..

Jake Long - Pro Bowl Tackle
Phillip Merling - Disappointment, pretty mediocre player, is on IR, and was arrested recently.
Chad Henne - Starter.. but the jury is still out. Struggled this preseason.
Kendall Langford - Starter, but nothing amazing. Has 4.5 sacks over two years.
Shawn Murphy - No longer on team.
Jalen Parmele - No longer on team.
Donald Thomas - No longer on team.

Lex Hillard - 89 rushing yards.
Lionel Dotson - No longer on team.

Vontae Davis - Good chance he turns into one of the league's better corners.
Pat White - No longer on team.
Sean Smith - Has been pretty awful, gets burnt all the time and hasn't shown much improvement.
Patrick Turner - No longer on team.
Brian Hartline - Has the potential to be a solid number 2 receiver.
John Nalbone - Hasn't played.
Andrew Gardner - Hasn't played.
J.D. Folsom - 1 tackle.

All I can say is I'm glad we have our Bill.

Yeah, but at least the Dolphins PAY their players! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back