PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Parcells fires Mueller and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I found it very interesting that Parcells fired Randy Mueller and the 2 assistants. Especially when, by the accounts of certain Phins Trolls, Mueller and Co. were working hard to undo the screw-ups by the previous regime and supposedly HAD.

I guess Parcells thinks like many of us.

1) Letting Welker go for a 2nd and 7th round pick after not spending the extra couple hundred K to make him worth a 1st rounder was a bad move.

2) The first was compounded even more by drafting Ted Ginn (a glorified return man).

3) Taking Ginn and Beck over Brady Quinn and keeping Welker was the wrong move.

4) Satele isn't part of the equation because the Phins could have had him regardless of what they did with Welker.

Its going to be interesting to see if Parcells or the new GM keep Cameron. Many times, the GM will come in and boot the coach that was hired by the previous GM. There are tmes that it doesn't happen. But it will be interesting.

What will also be interesting will be what happens to Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. I respect Thomas as being one of the best MLBs to play the game. But his rash of concussions of late remind me of Wayne Chrabet. I would really hate to see Thomas go out the way Chrebet did. I know Thomas is a warrior and all, but its time to hang them up, Zach.

Taylor grumbled last year about "retiring" or being traded. I liken Taylor to Ray Bourque. A guy who went out and gave 110% no matter what and the organization letting him down time and again by not surrounding him with enough quality talent. Will Taylor stay? Or will Parcells and the new GM cut/trade him to allow him a chance at glory somewhere else.

Another brilliant post; wow, two for two, keep em coming.......

Cam and Randy are gone not because they did a terrible job but because Wayne did. BP was brought in to do what Wayne dosnt know how to do and BP will find guys he knows and values. It's not about Cam or Randy it's about BP putting his guys in place.

I wont sit here and bore everyone with the intriquices of the trades and the contracts I'll just say that Cam/Ran could of done better but did not completly fail us.

There is such a thing as a trade that works for both teams

...blah, blah
And you say the Dolphins could've drafted Satele if not for Welker,

...blah, blah

Ted Ginn improved as the year went on,
...blah, blah, same old, same old

As for Beck, yeah, he struggled early on but what rookie QB doesn't?
...blah, blah, same old

Welcome back, Aqua!
Banned as Aqua. Banned as TWguru and now 'Reincarnated' but making the same silly false arguements!

Hey, how's the 'continuity' with Cam that 'great offensive mind' workin out for ya?

I wont sit here and bore everyone with the intriquices (sic) of the trades and the contracts I'll just say that Cam/Ran could of (sic) done better but did not completly fail us.

Thank you for not boring us with the intriquices (sic), Aqua.

There is such a thing as a trade that works for both teams and it seems many here are unable to grasp that concept. Wes Welker was a Dolphin for 2 years. He caught some first downs, had some decent returns and was a nice player. But in an offense that features 2 wide sets the majority of the time and on a team that is extremely weak on the offensive line, I gladly take a swap for a 3rd slot receiver in exchange for a very good center. And you say the Dolphins could've drafted Satele if not for Welker, that's untrue; the Dolphins took Satele with the pick they got for Welker.

Ted Ginn improved as the year went on, showed explosiveness on returns and really polished his route running and separation abilities. His final game of the season saw him catch 7 passes for 53 yards and a touchdown, he's getting much better.

As for Beck, yeah, he struggled early on but what rookie QB doesn't? Like Ginn, Beck came to that final game and played well after a disastrous fumble on his first play.

I just have to ask, why were Ginn and Beck bad choices over Quinn and some other player? What has Quinn done to show you he's the next great thing? Calling players busts after their first season makes zero sense because being a rookie in the NFL is very tough.

Maybe if you took your head out of your arse, you'd see that I didn't call Beck or Ginn busts. But god forbid you not make things up. No wonder people consider you a loser, Travis.

7 catches for 53 yards is HORRENDOUS for a guy who is supposed to be a speed receiver.

Beck may be a "rookie" but he's 26 years old. He should have more maturity and polish than other rookies.

You keep saying Miami traded a #3 receiver for a starting center. Miami DID NOT. In trading Welker, who was CLEARLY the best receiver on the team last year, it forced the Dolphins to consider Ginn, who has shown only marginal receiving skills to this point. It also forced them to accept a lesser and OLDER QB than Quinn.

Its clear you continue to be a fool and can not understand the ramifications of the actions that Cameron and Mueller took. Its why you don't understand that it was EXACTLY those moves that got them fired. Not because they weren't Parcells men, but because they were fools.

Cam and Randy are gone not because they did a terrible job but because Wayne did. BP was brought in to do what Wayne dosnt know how to do and BP will find guys he knows and values. It's not about Cam or Randy it's about BP putting his guys in place.

I wont sit here and bore everyone with the intriquices of the trades and the contracts I'll just say that Cam/Ran could of done better but did not completly fail us.

So, let me get this straight. Huzienga, who HIRED Cam and Randy, did a bad job. Meaning he shouldn't have hired them. And because they did a bad job, its Wayne's fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes