OT: Packers 2010 SB ring found and seized during Chicago Drug Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Stolen Packers Super Bowl ring recovered in drug bust | NJ.com

Interesting ..... I have to wonder if this ring was indeed previously stolen by these Drug dealers and then recovered during the bust,was it a trade in from the thieves? or was it a 'trade-in' for some 'Narcotical Merchandise' from this Packers executive?....you think if this was stolen weeks or days ago the media would have made it known.

Besides this situation,it appears Super Bowl rings are getting less and less valuable to the original owner as time passes....Last week another Packers executive SB ring was bought at a Wisconsin Pawn Shop to a 71 year old Packers fan for an estimated $10,000.

Last month,Lawrence Taylor's son auctioned off one of his Dad's SB rings which netted $240,000 and we all know that a Patriots ring was sold at Silver and Gold Pawn in Las Vegas in 2001 as seen on the show Pawn Stars.

Its really astonishing of how these rings are just being tossed around instead of being cherished and under tight security.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the ring was traded instead of stolen? Sure, it could be, but I certainly wouldn't jump to that conclusion. As far as the value of the rings, it makes plenty of sense to me. We hear all the time that most NFL players are bankrupt within 5 years of retirement, so why would it be any surprise that a bankrupt player who happens to own a ring that's worth a good chunk of money would sell it? If you're short enough on cash, frivolous stuff like that probably should be first to go.

I would deff say this was traded in for drugs...stolen..ehhh

Stolen Packers Super Bowl ring recovered in drug bust | NJ.com

and we all know that a Patriots ring was sold at Silver and Gold Pawn in Las Vegas in 2001 as seen on the show Pawn Stars.

Its really astonishing of how these rings are just being tossed around instead of being cherished and under tight security.

They also have a SB 39 ring that they bought fom another dealer (who bought it from a player)... they bought it on the show last year for $21,000 I believe.

They also have a SB 39 ring that they bought fom another dealer (who bought it from a player)... they bought it on the show last year for $21,000 I believe.

3plxth.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes