PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: On agreeing with Terrel Owens:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahriman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It's often the default position that anything demonstrative TO does is just wrong or selfish or boneheaded. However, watching him on the sidelines today, I found myself feeling oddly sympathetic for the man. For all of his gestures in disgust, I found myself nodding along with him.

Why? Simple. Drew Bledsoe is football AIDs. I've never seen a QB throw more brutal, game altering INTs than this man; never seen a QB who, quite literally, when taking one lateral step inside the pocket to avoid pressure, throws the ball dangerously off-target; never seen a QB who holds the ball so long that his receivers have time to get open two or three times on each play.

This is one instance where I feel TO's pain. Yes, Drew Bledsoe sucks that bad.

I don't think I will ever be able to feel bad for T.O. he is scum. I watched the game too, and even though Bledsoe was absolutely horrible, Owens played like crap as well dropping many catchable balls.

Ahriman said:
It's often the default position that anything demonstrative TO does is just wrong or selfish or boneheaded. However, watching him on the sidelines today, I found myself feeling oddly sympathetic for the man. For all of his gestures in disgust, I found myself nodding along with him.

Why? Simple. Drew Bledsoe is football AIDs. I've never seen a QB throw more brutal, game altering INTs than this man; never seen a QB who, quite literally, when taking one lateral step inside the pocket to avoid pressure, throws the ball dangerously off-target; never seen a QB who holds the ball so long that his receivers have time to get open two or three times on each play.

This is one instance where I feel TO's pain. Yes, Drew Bledsoe sucks that bad.
That is a little misguided dude. If it wasn't Bledsloe, it was McNabb, if not him then the 49er qb, and if not him the next guy. Its not even clear if TO was yapping about Bledsloe on the sideline when he was in "discussion" with a Cowboy assistant. Yea, I'm really sympathetic about TO. BTW, not sure that the last pick was even Drew's fault.

I only caught the end of the game but did see Bledsoe hold onto the ball in the pocket for what felt like 10 seconds before taking the sack.

scout said:
That is a little misguided dude. If it wasn't Bledsloe, it was McNabb, if not him then the 49er qb, and if not him the next guy. Its not even clear if TO was yapping about Bledsloe on the sideline when he was in "discussion" with a Cowboy assistant. Yea, I'm really sympathetic about TO. BTW, not sure that the last pick was even Drew's fault.

A few questions: 1. Did you watch the game? 2. Did you see TO's post game comments?

He said nothing that wasn't running through every single football fan's mind. Drew Bledsoe makes horrible mistakes and now TO knows it. Granted, things with TO and the Cowboys will probably get uglier as part of the fallout from this game, but the actual game itself is what I am referring to, not a behavoiral pattern of TO where he starts complaining about QBs, because he actually had a reason to do so today (even if it's not part of the "team" mentality).

Basically, I don't blame TO for being pissed at a QB just this one time. It's deserved.

Last edited:
I will never feel bad for TO. I do, however, feel bad for Parcells and the Dallas organization for having Drew as their QB. That one play where he had the ball for like 10 seconds, found no open receiver, and proceed to TAKE THE SACK. Couldn't he have just thrown it away like, say, 6 seconds in? Cause if you can't get open in 6 seconds, you won't get open at the 10th second.

The guy is so immobile it's not even funny, especially when he taunted Philly's defense to come after him.

edgecy said:
I will never feel bad for TO. I do, however, feel bad for Parcells and the Dallas organization for having Drew as their QB. That one play where he had the ball for like 10 seconds, found no open receiver, and proceed to TAKE THE SACK. Couldn't he have just thrown it away like, say, 6 seconds in? Cause if you can't get open in 6 seconds, you won't get open at the 10th second.

The guy is so immobile it's not even funny, especially when he taunted Philly's defense to come after him.

Tony Romo must really but awful, like six shades of awful, in practice if he can't get some gametime ahead of Drew Bozo. I bet that's where the next TO drama comes from: pushing for Romo to start.

I can't blame TO for being frustrated that game. I watched his post-game preference, and he said nothing to throw Bledsoe under the bus like he could have, with all the ridiculous questions he was getting. He took the blame upon himself, and only spoke of them as a team. I was actually somewhat impressed.

Ahriman said:
Tony Romo must really but awful, like six shades of awful, in practice if he can't get some gametime ahead of Drew Bozo. I bet that's where the next TO drama comes from: pushing for Romo to start.

Romo could be better than Drew but Parcells could be adamant about having Bledsoe play. After today's performance, I really won't be surprised if we see Romo taking some snaps away from Bledsoe..

That loss was on the offensive line and Bledsoe, in that order.

BoTown said:
That loss was on the offensive line and Bledsoe, in that order.

It's not as though Bledsoe doesn't have time to throw, BoTown. He has plenty of time. What he does with that time is the problem. Drew generally has about a 5 second average time where he is untouched after he snaps the ball. The problem is that he holds the ball too long, can't avoid a defender by even leaning laterally without 90% of his brain shutting down, and has SERIOUS issues reading coverage even when he's in his happy-footed comfort zone.

I had absolutely no interest whatsoever in seeing the T.O. show ( and this was not a game between Philly and Dallas, its the TO show for all intents and purposes). I am so sick of seeing the press coverage of this clown its sickening.

But from what I've seen on the replays Owens supposedly did not run the correct route on the interception, and then proceeded to lash out at the receivers coach on the sideline, similar to what he did in SF. This clown puts himself above practicin with the team in training camp, and then blames everyone but himself when he's not on the same page with the rest of the offense. Pathetic.

D-cleater said:
But from what I've seen on the replays Owens supposedly did not run the correct route on the interception, and then proceeded to lash out at the receivers coach on the sideline, similar to what he did in SF. This clown puts himself above practicin with the team in training camp, and then blames everyone but himself when he's not on the same page with the rest of the offense. Pathetic.
While defending TO is really the last thing I want to be doing, he ran the proper route. The only reason it was reported as such is because Joe Buck is the most insufferable multi-celled organism in history.

I'm supposed to sympathize with TO or feel bad for him because his QB sucks?

Why is it he plays with a terrible QB? Whose fault is it?

It's all TO's fault. Through 5 weeks the best player in the league has been McNabb. He's the runaway MVP as of today. Remind me why TO doesn't play with a QB of his caliber?

He got his $ and made his own bed. I'm not going to feel bad because he has to lie in it.

I will harly ever take TO's side, but watching the game yesterday was just painful, and not just the end. TO was open (great pattern) near the end of the game going down the right sideline and all drew had to do was throw it anywhere in the endzone and it would have been the game tying TD---so drew proceed's to throw a jump ball at the 10 yardline where TO has to turn around and come back to try and defend it. Then drew takes a sack after getting 15 seconds in the pocket---and he saw the guys coming, it's not like he was blindsided. Drew then get's bailed out with a PI call and proceeds to make a typical drew, terrible throw that ends the game.

TO made his mistakes i am sure, but yesterday was just pathetic by Drew. yes he was getting pressured and hit all the time (nice job o line), but even when he wasn't getting hammered, he still made piss poor decisions!

Drew may have just ended his career as a starter with that gem!

This selfish guy threw one of the best QB's in the game under the bus,who actually spoon fed him football servings the whole season. This will definatley make for one of those good "The grass isn't alway's greener on the other side" stories.

Owens is a complete idiot-At least Steve and Andy made him the center-point of their offense.

It's no big secret that The Big Tuna LOVES to run the football more than anything else, and never does he give any player star treatment(i.e. Jimmy J was a no-nonsense coach, but he gave his star players preferential treatment).

If TO thought he would be the spotlight in Bill P's 3.4 offense, they really need to test this guy for drugs.

TO is pure cancer...complaining about not getting the ball while he is thrown 13 balls..far more than anyone else not only in that game, but in ANY game that week. Bkedsoe is not great, but TO is cancer and will ruin ANY team he is with. Maybe teams will get smart and ignore him totally like what is deserved..but you know, there are always stupid ones who are clueless and would take him..

TO is a jackass. He's called Garcia a ***, said the Eagles would be better with Farve who at the time was throwing worse looking INT's than Bledsoe could even dream of, he didnt want to get traded to Baltimore cause he felt they had no QB.

I watched that game against the Eagles and the one play that sticks out was on a crossing pattern when TO stopped and aligator armed a pass that should have been caught cause he was scared of getting drilled by I think Lewis. Totally gave up on the play. Also when the showed the numbers Bledsoe intended more passes to TO than any guy on the team and he's questioning why they brought him there if they werent gonna use him. What a moron. He flat our dropped two balls against Philly and aligator armed another. He also totally gave up on one of Bledsoe's horrible picks cause he was upset when he could have possibly acted as a DB and prevented the INT. If I was his QB I'd be going to the guy I trust and will try to catch my passes. And thats can you believe it Terry Glenn.

Just going back onto Bledsoe for a moment... he sure did make some horrible plays in that game. But I was most impressed with his TD run - his dive into the endzone, putting his head where three defenders were converging, was extremely brave.

Not sure I'd want my QB doing that, but it was brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots