PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Peyton Manning choke thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Manning performance. Deadly accurate for most of the game, but saved a big ol' heap of fail for crunch time. I won't deny the guy's a great QB, but after a while the big-game track record begins to speak for itself.

Can we please not move this thread until the next signficant off-season move for the Patriots take place, I want to rejoice in this.

Classic Manning performance. Deadly accurate for most of the game, but saved a big ol' heap of fail for crunch time. I won't deny the guy's a great QB, but after a while the big-game track record begins to speak for itself.

That's the thing, though. He's not.

Before anyone jumps down my throat—I will give Manning credit: he is probably the best passer in NFL history.

But being a passer is not the same thing as being a quarterback, especially when you have a WATB like NaPolian greasing the skids for you.

The first time since February 05 that I've smiled like this after a Super Bowl.

If bitter is reveling in the fact that everyone knows who the team of the decade and the QB of the era is, while watching an over-hyped rival go down, then I want to be bitter everyday.

Last edited:
Just some of the best QB's of all-time and their playoff records:

Joe Montana: 16-7 (4 SB)
John Elway: 14-8 (2 SB)
Johnny Unitas: 6-3 (1 SB)
Brett Favre: 13-11 (1 SB)
Tom Brady: 14-4 (3 SB)
Terry Bradshaw: 14-5 (4 SB)

Peyton Manning: 9-9 (1 SB)
Dan Marino: 8-10 (0 SB)

poster14359312.jpg

Sums it up, I think.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That is now on its way to my phone and will be going out in the morning!

Peytons new mastercard ad.

Hair cut -$20
Getting t-shirts printed for family on super bowl win -$100
Chokeing in the biggest game of the year- Priceless

Peytons new mastercard ad.

Hair cut -$20
Getting t-shirts printed for family on super bowl win -$100
Chokeing in the biggest game of the year- Priceless

Knowing that your idiot GM and coach decided to throw the chance at 19-0 by the wayside for no good reason, only for you to choke and end up 16-3: Priceless :D

Man, I've always defended Manning as a great QB who was victimized by a small playoff sample size and some bad luck, and I'm still not altogether convinced that he's not a fine QB even in the playoffs, but tonight pretty much ended any argument as to him being even a good playoff QB, let alone a great one like Brady. THe great thing is, when Brady wins his next SB, we'll have Manning with 4 MVPs and 1 SB, and Brady with 1 MVP and 4 SBs.

Knowing that your idiot GM and coach decided to throw the chance at 19-0 by the wayside for no good reason, only for you to choke and end up 16-3: Priceless :D

Its funny because when we lost in the Superbowl our season will be remembered for being 16-0. And our SB for an "amazing" play. Their season will be remembered for nothing and their SB for a choke

Man, I've always defended Manning as a great QB who was victimized by a small playoff sample size and some bad luck, and I'm still not altogether convinced that he's not a fine QB even in the playoffs, but tonight pretty much ended any argument as to him being even a good playoff QB, let alone a great one like Brady. THe great thing is, when Brady wins his next SB, we'll have Manning with 4 MVPs and 1 SB, and Brady with 1 MVP and 4 SBs.

Manning IS a great QB...the argument that has been put forth, and one which I stayed out of until tonight, is that he is the equal or better than Tom Brady all along. If he won tonight the onslaught of Peytie adoration would have reached messiah level.

well....it didn't happen...and NOW I'll open my homer mouth and state as FACT that Tom Brady,14-4 in the post season, with 3 SUPER BOWL WINS and a heartbreaking CLOSE LOSS in which he led his team to the go ahead TD with 2 minutes left DWARFS Manning's 9-9 post season record, his less than spectacular Super Bowl win over the offenseless Bears and NOW this humiliating meltdown 14 point loss as a five point favorite.

THOSE are F-A-C-T-S....

Another thing that strikes me is how the Colts gave up 31 points after their 10 point lead. They played so conservative on offense trying to sit on a 10 point lead and got blasted in the 2nd half.

Trent Dilfer has the same amount of rings and a better winning percentage than Peyton Manning in the SB.

Hey Payton ...have a Choke and a Smile.

Another thing that strikes me is how the Colts gave up 31 points after their 10 point lead. They played so conservative on offense trying to sit on a 10 point lead and got blasted in the 2nd half.

I think Freeney's injury catching up to him is what hurt the Colts most....besides Mannings choke job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes