PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Conference Championships prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Conference Championships prediction thread

If that were to unfold, it would be very easy for me to root for the Vikings. I'm NFC all the way this year.

It's a personal thing with me. I know this guy who's a Vikings fan who really pissed me off after SB42 and Brady's injury. I don't want to see him happy... otherwise I also would root on the Vikes in the SB, even with Favre.

That Prince song doesn't help matters, either

Colts 31 Jets 10
Manning torches the Jets D for 3 TDS and Brown rushes for another
Sanchez is forced to throw and is picked 3 times

Vikes 32 Saints 16
Vikings Pass Rush proves to be too much for Drew Brees

FWIW i want to see the Colts and the Saints but the Vikes looked good!

jets 24 colts 13

saints 35 vikings 17

Bruschi picked the Jets.

Also has them beating the Vikings in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
The Jets are going to need almost a perfect game to win. They need the rookie to make a few plays and not turn the ball over. They need to force manning to throw quickly with a good pash rush. The jets do not get that many sacks when they blitz but they do get the qb to make mistakes and have to get rid of the ball early. It is hard to do that against manning but the jets are going to have to find a way. If they put Revis on Wayne the whole game they will prob be ok there, but then they still need an answer fir Dallis Clark. Last week Revis lined up against Jackson but also did some work against Gates. They will prob move him around like that again because indy has an offense that is similar to the chargers. For the jets to win it needs to be a low scoring game. Indy needs to get pressure on the rookie and force him into mistakes. They have great pass rushers and if the colts get a 10 point lead the jets are in big trouble. In the end I think indy has too many playmakers for the jets and will win the game. There have been a lot of blowouts in the playoffs so far but I think this will be a close game. Colts win 20-14.

The one area where the Vikings have a huge advantage is the running game. the saints have been weak against the run this year and the vikings have a great pair of backs they can use to carry the team and open up PA passes. they also have a great run D and even though the saints have the tripple headed attack with the run they might not be able to establish a decent ground attack. the saints will try and spread out the D and throw it do various wrs, rbs, and tes. The vikings will try to run the ball and use it to open up the pass. The saints big advantage is being at home. The superdome has had a lot of super bowls and college football games but never an NFC title game. It will be louder than it has ever been on Sunday. Otherwise the teams are pretty even I think. Both can score, both rush the passer well, both force TO's, and both are good on special teams. The Vikings have not shown they can recover from their own mistakes this year where the Saints have done that a number of times. I think it is going to be a high scoring and close game. I think the saints force two TO's comparied to the Vikings one, and the Saints end up winning 31-27. If that happens NO will have the biggest party in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back