PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official Conference Championships prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Time for the Super Bowl Predictions.....

NY Jets @ Indianapolis Colts - The Jets have the edge on defense and the running game, but the Colts have an enormous edge at QB - I find myself leaning towards the Colts since Manning against Sanchez is a total mismatch and the final deciding factor in what should be a semi low scoring affair should come down to whether Indys front 7 can stop the run and make Sanchez throw or if Revis and Co. can shut down Dallas Clark and make Manning look deep into a solid Jets coverage and make mistakes.
I think the home field makes the difference in this game and the Colts once again head into Miami to try and win the Lombardi for the 2nd time in 4 seasons.

COLTS 24
JETS 17

Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints- The longer this game takes to play the more I look at the Vikings to win it...but I think the time has come for the long time suffering franchise in New Orleans to have a special season and with the loudest crowd in the NFL yelling on the top of their lungs it could have an effect on Favre getting his offense on the right page and offside penalties on the offense for the Vikings because of hearing difficulties over the crowd could be a problem - The Vikings front 7 were awesome last week and the key to this game could very well land in the hands of Reggie Bush and his explosive speed catching short balls out of the backfield,Look for a successful Brees to Bush short passing game to take out the rush of the Vikings solid pass rush and for the Saints to come marching on to Miami

SAINTS 34
VIKINGS 25

Indy/N.O. would be the best Super Bowl matchup of all the teams left and so it is...the first time in quite a while that the #1 seeds make it all the way

SUPER BOWL 44 - INDIANAPOLIS COLTS vs. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

Last edited:
Re: Official Conference Championships prediction thread

Colts 31-14 Jets

Saints 38-21 Vikings

SB:

Saints-Colts 42-38

Colts 34
Jets 10

Saints 31
Vikes 20

SB
Saints 35
Colts 24

Colts 21
Jets 13

Jets + 355 yards in Penalties:mad: Penalty yards Jets 365 Colts 10 (obviously will not be a holding call)

Saints 31
Vikings 24

Colts 23
Jets 16

Saints 38
Vikings 26

Jets 24-17 Colts - Manning chokes and Revis bags a couple of picks.

Saints 37-21 Vikings - Brees exposes the Vikings weak secondary, Favre throws a pick 6.

Last edited:

Colts 38 Jets 13

Vikings 27 Saints 24

Jets 17 - Colts 16 on a late field goal. Peyton does the Goober slouch and gives the camera that classic look of disbelief.

Saints 35 - Vikings 28 in a shootout

Last edited:

Colts 20- Jets-17. No rookie Qb has ever started a SB. That trend continues.

Saints 34, Vikes 27. Late Brees TD.

I'm not predictin nothin, I predicted 4 gams last week and each team lost so I'm on the wagon.

AFC Championship
Colts - 20
Jets - 13

Low scoring game with Colts D forcing Sanchez to make mistakes.

NFC Championship
Saints - 30
Vikings - 24

Crowd the difference as Brees edges Favre in the dome.

This leaves Manning and Brees to fight to be known as the best QB in the league right now.

AFC Championship:

Colts - 24
Jets - 10

Colts continue the strange trend of stopping the run and Freeney & Mathis get pressure on Sanchez forcing him to loft up a couple of picks. Jets are a good team, but they're not ready for the big stage yet. At least, not as ready as Manning is. Oh, by the way, Manning tosses a couple of picks as well - one of them to Revis.

NFC Championship:

Saints - 31
Vikings - 27

A lot of offense both ways in this one. There is the possibility that the Vikings' D can get 2007 Giants type pressure on Brees, but I don't see how. The Saints' O-Line is stout this season and there are way too many weapons in that passing and run game to contend with.

Super Bowl: Colts vs. Saints

AFC
Jets-20
Colts-16

Karma comes and bite Polian on the butt. They allowed the Jets to back in the playoffs and the football gods do not look kindly on the Colts. Of course, if this is the score late, the referees will call a bogus pass interference on the Jets, to give the Colts a chance at winning.

NFC
Saints-34
Vikings-24

Brees has a huge day and Favre will have 2 turnovers. Sharper brings one back for a TD.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP JETS-COLTS

Jets 13-10.

The Jets best rushing attack and big offensive line wear down the Colts speed defense throughout the game. With the Jets having two 10 minute drives in the first half, Manning is rattled, and down 10-3 at half. The Jets score a field goal on another clock consuming drive making it 13-3 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Manning rallies the team bringing his team back 10-13 with 6 minutes left. The Jets running game eats the whole 6 minutes of the clock against the tired Colts D, and a Manning face no one will forget.

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP VIKINGS-SAINTS

Saints 38-35

A shootout throughout the whole game, with the score 21-21 at half. The Saints score on a kickoff return to start the 2nd half, making it 28-21. With both teams back and forth, the score is eventually 35-35 with four minutes left and Brett Favre with the ball. Favre hands off to Peterson, who fumbles the ball and the Saints recover. Brees gets a few first downs, kills clock, and the GW fieldgoal is kicked making the Saints win 38-35. In a kneejerk reaction from the fans and the front office of the Vikings, A.P is put on the trading block.

Superbowl 44 Jets-Saints

Jets 20-18

The Jets come in being one of the biggest underdogs in Superbowl history. The Saints take a early 3-0 lead, but the game becomes a defensive stall until the second quarter. Bart Scott pressure into Bree's face causes a Revis interception to the endzone, making the Jets have a lead of 7-3. At the end of the half, a Brad Smith wildcat play goes for 70 yards giving the Jets lead 14-3 at half. The Jets get a fieldgoal to start the half, but Brees fires his team up on the sideline. With a two Brees drives (one coming off a Sanchez interception), the Saints are down 17-16 going to tie the game. In one of the gutsiest moves in NFL history, Sean Payton goes for 2 and converts on a play action pass, the Saints go up 18-17. With 1:30 left, Ryan goes up to Sanchez and says "Go Sling it". Sanchez leads to Jets to a 50 yard FG attempt with 5 seconds left. The Kick is up, and its good. Jets win 20-18. This causes Rex Ryan to say at the superbowl parade he wants the Pats opening thursday night, and BB responds with "bring it".

Last edited:

Jets 24
Colts 17

Saints 30
Vikings 27

Jets 21
Colts 20

New Orleans 34
Minnesota 21

We exposed the Colts, so I pick the Jets 27-20.

Vikes are never meant to win a SB, so Saints 34-20

Colts 34
Jets 21

Saints 38
Vikings 14

We exposed the Colts, so I pick the Jets 27-20.

Vikes are never meant to win a SB, so Saints 34-20

Yeah we did expose the Colts badly. I remember all the teams they played afterward taking advantage of it and picking up the W while the Colts' losses piled.

Colts win easy. Manning is too good for the Colts to not score 20+ and the Jets run game will likely be taken out of the mix by late 3rd quarter, it will be too late even if the game is within reach at that point.

Vikings win. I really have no idea in this matchup but I just think it'll be the Vikings because it's seemed like since '05 the playoffs have unfolded as badly as they could have. Favre vs Manning SB, and it may be the first Super Bowl that I don't watch a minute of. Of course it'd be nice to have the Saints win but I just can't see that happening, too good to be true right now. Almost like going a year without having a star player end up on the IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes