PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NYT admitting that they were basically going after the Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYT's reputation was severely damaged after one of its news reporters 'created' news about Iraq at his 'room'. Of course, he was fired.

Don't take NYT seriously.

The Patriots are not going to shut out Reiss. That's just plain stupid and would be more detrimental from a PR standpoint. They will or should do everything possible to limit or shut out the media outlets that continue to publish erroneous or bogus reports and this list will include NYT, the Herald and to some form, ESPN. This alone will send a message to these groups that agenda driven articles with no sources will not be tolerated. It wont affect ESPN or NYT as they have other news to report and deep pockets. It will affect the Herald where they're competing with the Globe and are likely to lose local advertisers as a result of this irresponsible reporting.

What message is that? "We'll show you NYT! We are going to punish you by giving your employee, Mike Reiss, exclusive interviews with Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli."

You do realize that Mike Reiss is an employee of the New York Times? He may work for one of their subsidiaries, but any revenue that a Mike Reiss column generates ultimately benefits the New York Times. Denying access to the NYT specifically would not hurt the NYT, but denying access to their Boston Globe would.

Besides, shutting out Reiss doesn't need to be a permanent move like it probably is for Tomase.

As for the PR benefit, what benefit is that. So we as Patriots fans can be happy that the Patriots are fighting back or so the rest of the country can spin the Patriots words into something else. You do realize that the rest of the country looked at the Reiss piece on Belichick and Pioli as the Patriots trying to smear poor innocent Matt Walsh to save their own arses. It didn't help PR wise one bit. You cannot fight a PR battle when the national media is against you. It won't work. Never will. Everything you say will be spun against you. Reiss has no PR benefit except to a New England audience. I love his work, but the rest of the country has already made up their mind.

Denying the NYT access and still allowing the Globe exclusive access is like punishing ESPN by blocking access and then do an exclusive interview for ABC News.

I just sent him the link to the Frame site....for what it is worth....It's probably as productive as pounding your head against the wall but......

you never know. today's times included a more or less objective timeline of spygate with no editorializing by the times...

another funny auto response when I forwarded this onto the adress the other auto response provided. [email protected].
again I will bold the part I find funny.

Do you think they will do any fact checking or just ignore....(rehtorical question)

PS my bad for hijacking the page.

i think if they get enough emails, they just might. the times likes to pretend its holier than thou to just about everyone, so a bunch of people giving them evidence that they think confirms that the times is biased might get a rise out of them. they already published a more or less objective timeline of spygate today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back