PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:NYPost blasts ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quickly starting to realize NFLN is no better, complete with misleading stories, idiot former players (Faulk, Dukes), women who have no right being in front of a HD camera (Kara H), the same 1/2 hour show repeated over and over and now as a special treat they're doing the same assigned point/counterpoint BS that I hate about ESPN, except now they're featuring this smug little ignorant ahole.
I read somewhere that the head of the NFLN was formerly a top executive at ESPN, so as long as he is in charge I would expect no change; the NFLN is just going to be a football-only version of ESPN; ESPN Lite if you will. It's really unfortunate because when plans for the NFLN were first announced I anticipated a genuine difference in style and content.

so then you don't read print, either...I'm surmising...because if you did, a ton of what they say on air makes it to print...so, let me guess...YOU are a grown up bubble boy???

Reading a chosen article vs. being yelled at loudly by 3 "analysts" trying to fill TV time are two different things.

There are also no commercials preventing me from finishing a print article in a couple minutes.

I never said I boycotted ESPN as a whole, simply that I rarely watch their channels because I don't enjoy them. The ESPN book that came out recently was a very enjoyable read.

I read somewhere that the head of the NFLN was formerly a top executive at ESPN, so as long as he is in charge I would expect no change; the NFLN is just going to be a football-only version of ESPN; ESPN Lite if you will. It's really unfortunate because when plans for the NFLN were first announced I anticipated a genuine difference in style and content.

You're right and I was thinking of that when I posted this, ESPN I haven't tune into in years and I'm starting to realize that NFLN is the same thing minus the other sports. Time to turn them both off permanently. The NFLN could and should be so much better than it is.

Mushnik's just a tired old crank. He hates everyone.

I honestly don't know what people expect from ESPN. I look to the channel for highlights, and get them. As for the rest of it, who cares.

espn is crap. I pulled the plug on them after spygate. The ONLY tie I have watched them since is during the draft, or when the pats are on and i have no other options.
As for "sports news", I don't care. I don't care about other sports. I get my pats info right here, that's all I need.

espn is crap. I pulled the plug on them after spygate. The ONLY tie I have watched them since is during the draft, or when the pats are on and i have no other options.
As for "sports news", I don't care. I don't care about other sports. I get my pats info right here, that's all I need.
Exactly...........

I wish I could get back all the time I wasted watching PTI and Around the Horn.
On a similar note i wish i could get back all the time ive wasted sitting in front of a ******* computer. I don't have much to show for it.

Last edited:
On a similar note i wish i could get back all the time ive wasted sitting in front of a ******* computer.

Me too, except if I got it back I'd probably waste it in front of the TV.

Me too, except if I got it back I'd probably waste it in front of the TV.
In that case i think you should stick to the computer. Go back to the TV and the next thing you know you'll be channel surfing and slow down to see what all the yelling is about on Jerry Springer. :eek:

Last edited:
I stopped watching ESPN after their tainted coverage of spygate, and haven't seen a second of it since. Dont think I'm missing a thing. I don't have cable now, so I don't even watch MNF (unless Pats are on, but thats local broadcast).

I agree, but at the gym my options are: Hoda and Kathy Lee, Regis and Kelly, Ellen, and E!SPN.

I would avoid E!SPN, but I have a penis.:)

In that case i think you should stick to the computer. Go back to the TV and the next thing you know you'll be channel surfing and slow down to see what all the yelling is about on Jerry Springer. :eek:

Not as long as my kids hog the TV watching Backyardigans.

i have seen that a lot of people on this board say that they have stopped watching espn. i have a question for them.Where do you guys get your sports news from (on the tv)?:confused:
even though i hate espn i cant help but watch ESPNEWS once every 2-3 hours to get the latest news and highlights

If it is not about the Patriots, say Tiger Woods or whatever, the internet, although some E!SPN gets through. I tend to view E!SPN and any "national" pundit with a jaundiced eye.

NFLN or online. The only time I will turn on to FESPN is when they are showing the Patriots play live. Otherwise, they ain't getting a minute of my viewing time. Gameday I will watch Fox and/or CBS, and also check in on PatsFans for the latest updates....

Ever listen to PFW in Progress, Patriots Playbook, and the Pete Sheppard show on Patriots.com ?

There's nothing wrong with ESPN that's not a problem with just about every other media outlet in the country. Watch what you wish. ESPN has some good on-air talent.

E!SPN and all national media espouse on subjects they don't know about. Two non-E!SPN examples involving Rich Eisen and Dan Patrick:

1) Rich Eisen is "interviewing" Warren Sapp, Marshall Faulk, and Deon Sanders. (Let's ignore Faulk's open bias and focus on stupidity, not spin...) The subject of how Brady and Ocho Cinco are not simpatico. Ignoring any bias, why is he asking a RB and DT about a QB and WR?
Deon might be a good choice, but his answer showed he hasn't even a basic understanding of the Patriots offense.* - Not to say he should, but we are talking of Eisen's stupidity in asking him of something he knows nothing of.

2) Dan Patrick on the Miami University scandal opined why they didn't just get jobs in the summer and none of his syncophants mentioned how a booster might hire them to sweep up his car dealership for $20,000 an hour and how the NCAA might have already prevented that.

I makes me wonder if a "report" on Shanny and Rex Grossman that is presented as shocking and true might get knowledgeable Redskin fans to roll their eyes.

If it isn't a local reporter I never heard of, I wonder if the story is not just "Look at me, I'm an important sports reporter."

*For those that care, he mentioned the need to be exact in your routes. He did not mention how receivers have to read the defense and run one of three variations of their route in the Patriots system.

ESPN is the lazy sports fans way to get their sports fix ... it's entertainment of some sort - not a sort that I prefer and I do not watch unless it's a game or I will watch their news channel where you get the post game interviews.

E!SPN unfortunately has a monopoly on TV "sports news" on free cable in health clubs. Oh, are you claiming a guy watching TV while doing an hour on a treadmill is lazy.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes